All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Hump Day
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:23 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning all, half day of work, then finish packing before heading to the airport & dropping Rufus off on the way. As our flight is 6:40am we decided to stay at the Hyatt at the airport.

Glad we are out before the 26th too.

Linda, good luck with Kennys appointment. See you soon :D

Have a good one all

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Sipping tea and catching up a little in the swamp, after packing up another box of kitchen stuff. Next phase of remodel starts tomorrow with removing laundry room cabinets and possibly (but doubtfully) removing the kitchen cabinets that will be relocated to the laundry room. We've never lived through a kitchen remodel, as almost every other house we've owned (7 and now this) has been new construction. This should get interesting, as our guy is not very fast (but he does a good job and charges very fairly). Oh, and our stove/oven is now backordered 2 months past the promised date!!!!

Linda and Pammy, enjoy your much needed vacations!

Last edited by DonnaLee on Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Our weather is becoming boring but it's been pretty nice for January in New England. Another day of sunshine and comfortable temps for today will make for another enjoyable walk outside.
Thoughts and prayers for all those in need today.
Have a happy hump day everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! No plans today except maybe a bike ride. The weather looks beautiful today.

Pammy and Linda, I'm so glad your trips are going to be just in time. My trips this year will be stateside.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
Mammy appointment this morning then to the Dollar store to get a few things......whoopie!!! :lol:
Yayyyyy for the kittens Laura!!!
Good Luck today for Kenny's appointment and your Mom Linda!!
Make it a good day everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Have my yesterday's tennis match as a make up today, never able to get the courts dry enough. Will rush back after that. Got a strange call from my dad at 8:20...they don't usually get up that early any more....he wants me to confirm with his Derm office that he is coming to his apt today, as he does not know how to do that on his phone (too hard to explain anything to my parents so I just make the call). the apt is not today, it is in 2 weeks. I call my dad back and he rambles about the apt changing back and forth and how come they charged his credit card X$ and that seems like a lot and he talked to the billing lady. When I did my parents pills this weekend, my dad forgot the pills (I have to do them in the lobby) he asks the same thing over and over....when he went to get the pills he forgot, my mom was almost in tears saying "your dad is not doing well". This is HUGE for my mom. She has been hiding his dementia from us for a while. Starting to make sense why she told Ian NOT to stop by and say goodbye outside, why they turned down dinner etc. She is hiding him from everyone else, she can't hide him from me. getting sad. :cry:
Froggy, praying for your friends.
Linda, hope Kenny's foot gets a good check up.
Donna, how fun, a new kitchen!
Pammy, so excited for you!
Have a great day my friends.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and cold here. Couple of appointments today so will be busy. Froggy, Thoughts and prayers for your friends. Linda good luck with Kenny's appointment, hope his foot is healing like it should. Have a wonderful trip and relax you deserve it. Enjoy being with your Mom Linda. Prayers for all in need. Marylou how is Mario doing. Have a good day everyone. Carolina just read your post and my heart goes out to you, Prayers for you and your family.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! Sadly, watching the moving vans load up our soon to be former neighbors possessions. A good thing is they are only moving over to north Tampa. Hope your day fares well everyone!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. A busy workday so far and just checking in. Hugs Carolina - it's not easy. Judi, how is Steve feeling? Tara, like you we are staying stateside this year but that was the plan all along anyway. Bob, don't you jinx our boring January weather! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! Sunny, clear, and 39 toasty degrees. Today is radiation #10, "only" 35 to go after that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Another sunless day, 33 degrees.

We have been looking at pictures we took on our Trafalgar Tours to Europe in 2012 & 2013 and dreaming of when we can travel again.

Have a nice day ALL~

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:57 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Another sunless day in our Central Florida...50s, but ugly and it just felt nasty on the way home.
Little rain, just a miserable feel.

Not sure what dinner will provide...because I was 'off-site' for several hours.

I don't know if I can keep up with all the people needing prayers and hugs, but I have sent them.

Dinner calls. I will report in another post...if someone starts it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

[quote="Pat7"]Good morning. A busy workday so far and just checking in. Hugs Carolina - it's not easy. Judi, how is Steve feeling?

thanks for asking Pat, He has days where he is feeling good and then days when not. Yesterday he went for the bone marrow biopsy and his blood pressure dropped very low and he ended up in the emergency room and was admitted. they got his pressure to a normal reading but then the doctor said his face looked funny and he might of had a stroke. Ended up having a cat scan and a MRI and carotid artery test today and all turned out normal (can't imagine why the doctor thought his face looked funny). The biopsy needs to be rescheduled. Goes for the pet scan Friday, having the port put in Monday and dr's appointment Wednesday where we find out the course of treatment.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:11 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

How scary Judi :( Things are happening fast; Sounds like Steve has an attentive Dr. Hope the biopsy can be rescheduled soon and will have good results and his next tests and procedures go quickly and smoothly. We’ll be thinking of you both.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:52 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow, that was scary. Glad it wasn’t a stroke. Lots going on but like Karen said his doctor seems attentive. Continued prayers for him through this treatment plan.