It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

There were 12 new cases since yesterday (remember, weekends always have low numbers) - 10 residents and 2 visitors, along with 119 people marked "recovered", so there are now a total of 871 active cases.

195 tests were performed since yesterday.

At the hospital, the numbers remain at 12 in ICU and 31 in the "Covid ward".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:13 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

I wonder if the 2 visitors are hospitalized or quarantined ? Regardless a ruined vacation . :( Happy about those who recovered . :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Surely by now the secret location of the Covid Hotel must be common knowledge.......it's a small island after all.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nope. It's a well kept secret. Where is the 'Covid Quarantine' place?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:38 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

To answer the earlier question, as far as I know, the people who tested positive upon arrival are in quarantine, and not at the hospital.

To answer the later questions - believe it or not, there is still no general knowledge of where people are being put when they're quarantined. I don't know how the officials are managing to enforce the secrecy (...unless - Soylent Green is positive Covid patients!) :-D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I'm really surprised that none of the released "Quarantined inmates" have blabbed the name and location of the "Playa Quarantine"!

In either case of whether it's a totally awful or wonderful place or even if it's some acceptable motel type place, one would think that news of the food, the staff, the view, the security, the beds, you-name-it, something should have leaked out by now.

OR, that the inmates have been implanted with some mind altering chip to completely erase all of their history of those days spent at the "PQ"!

Also curiously hidden is how the infected inmate's insurance coverage worked and their co-travelers' lack of insurance paying the bill was felt and impacted.

Further, were the inmates brought to the "PQ" wearing some kind of bag over their heads so as not to be able to describe how they were brought to the "PQ". A windowless van? In one of the old fashioned "pokeys" as seen in a couple of old John Wayne westerns. Or, maybe they never left the airport.... only moved to some basement "safe house"!

OR, maybe there is no such place and those folks who tested positive at the airport were never really incarcerated at all and that it is all a big scare tactic to keep people from going to the island.

This all looks to be fodder for some book material to be written about someone's surreal vacation trip and the mind bending happenings they encountered after entering "THE TESTING ROOM" at the airport and disappearing for fourteen days.

Something for a future Netflix series, maybe?

I need more coffee! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:16 am 
Freshman

:lol: Start writing that book!!! Sounds good to me!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:25 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

leftyjy wrote:
I'm really surprised that none of the released "Quarantined inmates" have blabbed the name and location of the "Playa Quarantine"!

From a serious standpoint, is it possible they must sign a non-disclosure agreement under penalty of a fine or not allowed back on the island for a certain amount of time? I haven't heard a whisper on other Facebook groups.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:43 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

A block of rooms, or an entire floor, at the airport hotel is logical.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

"Logical" would, of course, be logical.
But all this is during a pandemic on Aruba with all sorts of other distractions going on everywhere else in the world.

I think that even 'Logic' has abandoned us all.

'Non-disclosure'? 'Penalty'? Barred from the island? Any or all of it is possible, eh?

I mean, it's been since July 10 when Aruba opened her gates to us with pretty much the same rules and requirements. And not a peep! Something is really working overtime to conceal the info and that no one has shed any light on the where and how of it all.

Either Colonel Klink or Sargent Schultz or Arte Johnson said it all: "Very Eeeenteresting"! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Seeing that Richard is back leftyjy and others feel free to B&M to him again about me.

You have no dog in the fight. You are not going to Aruba until whenever not this year maybe next so why the constant drum beating and fascination on the Aruba policies and handling that have nothing to do with you. As far as I know you are not in charge of the Aruba BB PSA's.

The trip reports on this and other outlets show people going, loving it, having no Covid-19 issues either on island or getting/being there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thank you Joey! :D
What difference does it make which hotel it is unless you plan to stay there? It really is none of your business!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow, Ann. I'm surprised with what you said.

And thanking Joe? For what?

My interest? I have several friends who go to Aruba at various times of the year. We all converse frequently and a lot of the conversation revolves around what's involved with successfully getting to go to Aruba during the pandemic with all that's required. We are ALL INTERESTED!

My bit above was done with some 'tongue in cheek' but he didn't create it so he's pissed!

He thinks someone "B & M'd" to Richard, I guess about him. Definitely not me. I can handle myself without crying to momma!

And lastly: Joe is not some level of moderator in this BB! As long as I do not break any of the BB rules or get obnoxious he has absolutely no control about what others post.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

leftyjy wrote:
Wow, Ann. I'm surprised with what you said.

And thanking Joe? For what?

My interest? I have several friends who go to Aruba at various times of the year. We all converse frequently and a lot of the conversation revolves around what's involved with successfully getting to go to Aruba during the pandemic with all that's required. We are ALL INTERESTED!

leftyjy, still not hearing it. ann is not an exception. Your "friends". Are you telling them any good news on Aruba. Here you only look for the bad and any missteps being made.

A reminder for new and old BB'ers. leftyjy proudly declared some time ago that he was leaving the BB for good. He did but that was short lived. Guess no one really cared. Makes me wish for the "good old days"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

NH Mark wrote:
A block of rooms, or an entire floor, at the airport hotel is logical.

From the many threads I've read, the general consensus is the government has multiple locations around the island to house people. It has been said there are various price ranges and airbnb's are available as locations. That being said, the $125 per day is the base rate and should someone want to stay in better quarters, they would pay the difference.

As for the new airport hotel, I doubt that is one of the locations. Prior too all of this, airline crews would tell me they were somewhat concerned they would be lodged there overnight and have to cabs versus walking to restaurants/shopping when staying at the Renaissance downtown. I doubt they would mix positives in the same building with airline crews even on a different floor. But that's just conjecture on my part.