All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: It's mid month
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:56 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

OK we are just about 15+ days into the reopening of Aruba to tourists. Planes are landing a few thousand people have arrived and doing what we tourists do.

Anyone have any update(s) on what has been going on? New cases, people in quarantine, people in Covid-19 jail or so far so good.

No news is good news??????

Post subject: Re: It's mid month
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:14 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

There is one new case, I believe a resident returning (don't know from where) who was tested at the airport and found positive. They are quarantining at home.

So far no cases reported amongst the tourists.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks. That is great news and a good sign.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

arubajoey wrote:

And actually unbelievable news :lol: Hope it's true. Approximately 5000 Americans in and not one bad :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:17 pm 
Junior

ronnieb wrote:
arubajoey wrote:

And actually unbelievable news :lol: Hope it's true. Approximately 5000 Americans in and not one bad :P

This and mandatory masks should reassure folks who are flying to Aruba.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Well, first tourist tested positive. This tourist came in from Miami tested. There are two new cases today. One is a local that came back from the Dominican Republic via Miami and this tourist. The tourist was probably tested 72 hours before departure, but was tested again on Aruba and the test is positive. Both are in quarantine. No other details yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:29 pm 
Sophomore

dutchdushi wrote:
Well, first tourist tested positive. This tourist came in from Miami tested. There are two new cases today. One is a local that came back from the Dominican Republic via Miami and this tourist. The tourist was probably tested 72 hours before departure, but was tested again on Aruba and the test is positive. Both are in quarantine. No other details yet.

We wanted to go so bad but this is why we avoided it. Test results can be different. I feel bad for the person either way; if they truly have it and the Aruban test was correct, or if they don't actually have it and now have to spend their time there in quarantine.

Although, you can opt to just test once you get there correct? So it's possible they didn't get tested in the states.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Miguel wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:

We wanted to go so bad but this is why we avoided it. Test results can be different. I feel bad for the person either way; if they truly have it and the Aruban test was correct, or if they don't actually have it and now have to spend their time there in quarantine.

Although, you can opt to just test once you get there correct? So it's possible they didn't get tested in the states.

It is possible they didn’t get tested in the States, but if this person was from Florida or another “hot” state, he or she must have had a test 72 hours prior in the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Still great news. Several thousand tourists now on the island a one case (I'm not counting the Aruban native).

The tourists and Aruba should be proud and thankful.

Here's a question. If I get to Aruba and test positive what keeps me from getting back on a plane and going home or maybe do an medical airlift.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Joey, your guess is as good as mine. I don't know what the reporting system is in Aruba, but if you test positive, I hope you would be kind enough to not get on a commercial flight and know better than to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:05 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

dutchdushi wrote:

Since Florida is a hot state, they have to test negative within 72 hours prior to departure or they cannot get on the plane. If they tested negative prior to flying, there is no need to test upon arrival. This person had to of come from a state not on the list and connected thru Miami. Thus no need to test before flying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:09 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

casadelmar wrote:
dutchdushi wrote:

Since Florida is a hot state, they have to test negative within 72 hours prior to departure or they cannot get on the plane. If they tested negative prior to flying, there is no need to test upon arrival. This person had to of come from a state not on the list and connected thru Miami. Thus no need to test before flying.

Unless you develop symptomes while on the island. Then they test you again.

I guess being in quarantine means that you can’t just leave your room and take a flight. I am sure they will do everyrhing to prevent you from walking around and flying before you are free of symptomes.