The Aruba Forums
It is currently Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW GUIDELINES
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:50 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Wow! Thank you very much, Cynthia! Super info.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:02 pm 
Sophomore

karen1 wrote:
Miguel wrote:
none of this is worth the trouble...

Do you own a home, condo, timeshare?

We owned a timeshare for about 13 yrs but recently sold as we've been going to another resort for the last 5 yrs and renting out the one we owned. It just didn't work with our growing family anymore. We're waiting for something to open at the new spot.

I didn't mean to sound harsh, and i'm more than willing to comply with the rules, but we have three young daughters and traveling is difficult enough under normal circumstances. We'll just wait until things are more settled. We go weeks 29 and 30 and didn't want to be one of the "almost" first group of travelers from the U.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

No offence taken Miguel. Everyone's personal situation is different. Having a timeshare I am a little more motivated and being retired and travelling alone lessens the complications/risks of travel. Good luck to us all!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:18 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:26 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks Eddy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:31 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I noticed that the North East corridor is absent from the list and gives those states a choice of where to test. Gee, I wonder why? IS it because that is where the most visitors come from?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:42 am 

Froggy I was thinking the same thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:43 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

It's because the virus case numbers are lower, much lower, and most of the people who reside here got the message; wear a mask, social distance, and washy washy (courtesy of Maryanne).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

That could have carried some weight in their decision making process. I prefer to think that it is mainly because folks up here in the northeast took it very seriously to obey the guidelines set forth by doctors and scientists thus having success in driving down the numbers of Covid cases and deaths.

Aruba chose to be very selective on how they would allow guests to enter their country, finances aside but putting protective measures to the forefront.

All that said, it could all change again in a week or two and Aruba could revise those requirements yet again.
Time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:50 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

My Mom recently had eye surgery and had to have a covid test as part of the pre surgery testing. She had it done 3 days prior to surgery. No results by the day of surgery. They told her you don't look like you have it so they did the surgery. 4 days later she gets a call from the lab, your results are negative. LOL 3 days just is not going to happen and there is no way I am staking my vacation on a rapid test done at the airport. The track record of these tests have proven to be not very reliable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I had a heart procedure done in May and needed a Covid test done before it and I had the results in two days which were negative. We do not go to Aruba until mid Jan. Our flights are booked but if all is the same in Jan as it is today with the testing and insurance we are not going.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:17 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

WYOMING???????
What is up with that?
Let me see.......
600,000 people....1400 cases Corona so far.....900 recoveries.....20 deaths.....to date this year...
1,300,000 cows......
Did they go on the list for foot and mouth (serious disease) or Corona (who really knows)?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

happyt1 wrote:
WYOMING???????
What is up with that?
Let me see.......
600,000 people....1400 cases Corona so far.....900 recoveries.....20 deaths.....to date this year...
1,300,000 cows......
Did they go on the list for foot and mouth (serious disease) or Corona (who really knows)?

It is likely due to the fact that their numbers continue to increase which is an indication that it is not under control in Wyoming.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:41 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
happyt1 wrote:
WYOMING???????
What is up with that?
Let me see.......
1,300,000 cows......

It is likely due to the fact that their numbers continue to increase which is an indication that it is not under control in Wyoming.

The NH Governor has had a Corona update live at least weekly on WMUR (Ch 9). This done as they describe what they are doing and not doing as we continue to move forward. Typically has all the right people to do a Q and A so really does not look like a whitewash job. These can be watched online(I do)-I presume even the best rooftop antenna in Aruba might be out of range.......
Some things that are clearly explained are the simple fact that as we ramp up testing they anticipate the numbers to increase. Don't forget that quite a few totally un-sick people are testing +ve. So are people with just a sniffle/mild cough. More testing.....more results. They are monitoring the increase in hospital admissions/mortalities and not just looking at simple numbers, but weigh the data to try and actually see the proper Covid impact. After all-people who are already frail/have serious pre-existing conditions/or in long term care were dying in disproportionate before this all started.
I have lived/worked right through this pandemic in NH. So far my greatest risk remains my commute to work and back.
I certainly presume the same for most people-even those in the "hot" states.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Interesting you say the numbers goes up if you do more testing. This is only true if you don’t take extra measures. In the Netherlands everybody can get tested sine 6/1. The numbers did slightly go up the first two weeks, but since then, they are really declining to a very low number. In fact, only 0.5% of all who takes the test, now tests positive. It is the combination of keeping the guidelines, testing and contact research (and quarantine) that does the trick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next