Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Limit on visiters
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
ronnieb wrote:
dmconn1 wrote:
I read too that when you complete the ED card online they will either approve or not approve you. This could be how they limit tourists coming in and how they restrict some from visiting from hot spots.

That can’t be right!

As much as I said to myself do not 'get into it here', :wink: I have to agree with Ronnie. To fill in the ED card in the past it asked for your flight and hotel. You can't have bought your flight and hotel, met the insurance requirement and added your covid-free number or agree and pay to have the test at the airport and then submit your ED card and they say "nope not you" in those last 72 hours :? Just my opinion and still waiting for the official rules :wink:

Now these comments may get me in trouble :? .... If you are unwilling to buy or have the new insurance, buy pretrip or agree to have the Covid test in Aruba BEFORE /same time you are buying your flight and hotel well that is going to be a problem. Now some of us have rescheduled our trips already and/or have upcoming timeshare weeks but it is our responsibility to be informed and play by the new rules. We ain't in Kansas anymore, well, maybe except for Tara and Mindy :lol: Surely any new travellers to Aruba will be notified of these new requirements before they press "Buy". The old regulars who have been waiting anxiously for the borders to open should be aware.

Exactly Karen! Well said, simplify it, take the test here or do not come, no brainer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

My 'guess" and this is just a guess...for example

*as long as you fill in the card completely
*are coming from a country that is allowed at the time of your trip (ie July 15 USA and Canada....yes but if you put you are coming from South America it is a 'no')(at this time).
*Your credit card clears (if you signed up to take the test on arrival in Aruba, or if you signed for their insurance)
*Sign that you agree to follow all the Covid requirements listed
*fill in whatever questions they ask

Then you will receive a yes. Not accepted would mean you didn't do something correct on filling out the EDcard. Carefully look over the card well before the 72 hours and make sure you have your ducks in a row and all will be fine.

I have heard nothing about a quota...just the opposite..Aruba would be happy if they under projected and more visitors than expected come.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I agree Ann, that’s what I was trying to say.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Get the popcorn, sit back and relax, and let the games begin! :lol: Actually not funny. I hope they tell us how many people were quarantined from each flight like Antigua the other day, 11 out of 89, what do you do with the 76 other people that were exposed?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ronnieb wrote:
Get the popcorn, sit back and relax, and let the games begin! :lol: Actually not funny. I hope they tell us how many people were quarantined from each flight like Antigua the other day, 11 out of 89, what do you do with the 76 other people that were exposed?

Can you give me the reference for this. Heard same thing but can’t find anything

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Not sure if this is the same story, the numbers are off....Wouldn’t let me cut and paste the whole story but this should get you there.

Four people from Miami flight quarantined at Hawksbill ...
Search domain antiguaobserver.com/four-people-from-miami-flight-quarantined-at-hawksbill/https://antiguaobserver.com/four-people-from-miami-flight-quarantined-at-hawksbill/

Just four of the 147 passengers that arrived into the country on the first commercial flight back into Antigua and Barbuda are quarantined at the government-designated facility of the Hawksbill ...

There is an interesting thread on Trip Advisor in the Antigua section.

Current Antigua plans 4 testing will not work for tourists

flowerdesun · 151 forum posts
New York City, New York
Jun 5, 2020, 4:05 PM
I read that there will be rapid Covid tests given at the airport or at the hotel. If you are positive then you will be taken to a government site to quarantine. Given the rather high false positive rates for these rapid tests, I don’t think many tourists will risk being trapped for 14 days in Antigua. It’s just to risky to ruin your vacation all together.

And although I have veered away from Aruba Q and A, sorry Richard, this might give us a hint of what we may experience returning to Aruba.

13 of 44 ·
Here’s a news clip of the first post Covid arrival at VC Bird, it will give you an idea of what’s happening now at the airport but keep in mind things may change by the time you go. https://youtu.be/eGfRdVY8aEI

Wow, look at all those buses! We always get jammed on 2 buses in Aruba, I wonder how many buses they will use now to bus us in from the tarmac? Oops now that I watched the whole video those buses weren’t to bring passengers in from the plane but am still curious for my future trips.