It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:23 am 
Freshman

I seem to remember there being a bar with an open air deck that has a good view of the airport to watch the departing and arriving planes. Anyone know of any good spots to watch this?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Barefoot and Pinchos should be good. So should the old Marandi location behind the airport and the boat dock restaurant just past there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

First I thought this may be a leftyjy question then I realized it wasn't.

Personally I have a hard time working through the being on vacation that is costing a few thousand dollars, on an island with some of the most beautiful beaches and only there for a few short days and wanting to sit and watch planes land and take off. There are not that many flights in and out on a normal day plus you may see them land but they take off in a different direction so you will need two bar locations to get a complete look.

I have to ask. Do you like watching paint dry and grass grow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:55 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

As we occasionally have guests stay with us while on Aruba it is my job to either pick them up at the airport or drive them to the airport. During either/or trip I sometimes will park in that new parking strip along the roadway along the runway and watch an incoming plane, usually in the 10-noon time of day. No, I don't sit there too long because I know that most incoming flights arrive during that time frame. Yes, it is pretty interesting as well. And, yes, one might call it an hour of Aruba time wasted. Not me. Read the following:

And, on another note: A couple years ago during the 12-1 Happy Hour at CLBR my nephew and I did take an ice cube out of my drink and put it on a napkin on our table in the sun and timed it. Just under four minutes to completely melt! What I neglected to do was time how long it took for the napkin to completely dry out in the sun!
:wink: :roll: :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:20 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

leftyjy wrote:
As we occasionally have guests stay with us while on Aruba it is my job to either pick them up at the airport or drive them to the airport. During either/or trip I sometimes will park in that new parking strip along the roadway along the runway and watch an incoming plane, usually in the 10-noon time of day.

I marvel at this park arrangement and location. In Las Vegas there is/are similar viewing parks. Apparently you and I are not the only ones that can pass the time away watching pass land and take off. So we've got that going for us, anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

NH Mark wrote:
leftyjy wrote:
As we occasionally have guests stay with us while on Aruba it is my job to either pick them up at the airport or drive them to the airport. During either/or trip I sometimes will park in that new parking strip along the roadway along the runway and watch an incoming plane, usually in the 10-noon time of day.

I marvel at this park arrangement and location. In Las Vegas there is/are similar viewing parks. Apparently you and I are not the only ones that can pass the time away watching pass land and take off. So we've got that going for us, anyway.

You two need to get some fresh air. Seems that jet fuel exhaust is some funky mind alternating stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm 
Junior

Go to St Martin if you want an airport show!! Best around 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

TMORIN wrote:
Go to St Martin if you want an airport show!! Best around 8)

That's the place where people get INJURED watching the planes.
I am a plane buff.......not a fanatic. But I have been known to plan a flight based on the aircraft I will fly. Only major one so far that I have not flown is the 380. And I will add that sometime.