All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:32 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Ken and Sharon wrote:
I was told a while back that once you hit the 20 you are able to enter immigration at the the airport through the locals lane and avoid the long lines. Anyone know if this is correct.

No, that's not correct; the only special honor you get for 20 years of visits is a nice plaque and a mention in the newspaper.

For a while there were some people who were advocating going through that line because it didn't say "ONLY" locals, or coming up with some other rationale to justify the use of that (often shorter) line, but the bottom line is that one is reserved for locals (and flight crew, iirc).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Have a good trip. I think it is around #35 for us.
A string started way back in '88, but we missed going last year.
I think we would exchange some "good mornings" at CDM, but you're now just down the beach.

Got to get busy and read some trip reports!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:34 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Hi John,
Yes! Have followed your postings over these many years! LOL We’ll still be chillin’ at CDM until we sell our units. What are your weeks? Would be nice to finally put a face to a name and say ‘Hi’.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:23 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

bryanzs wrote:
Ken and Sharon wrote:
I was told a while back that once you hit the 20 you are able to enter immigration at the the airport through the locals lane and avoid the long lines. Anyone know if this is correct.

No, that's not correct; the only special honor you get for 20 years of visits is a nice plaque and a mention in the newspaper.

For a while there were some people who were advocating going through that line because it didn't say "ONLY" locals, or coming up with some other rationale to justify the use of that (often shorter) line, but the bottom line is that one is reserved for locals (and flight crew, iirc).

We got our 20th year plaque this year, also get a small Aruba flag pin which the lady from the tourism bureau said some people have gone through the locals line at the airport wearing & have been allowed through. Don't think she was saying it was an official thing, more of a try & see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:37 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Have a great time. We are arriving Sept 29th for 11 days on our 23rd trip. Always try at least one new place. Keep getting requests to sell our Phoenix timeshare. No thanks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Enjoy your time at the Phoenix. We’ve rented from owners twice and really enjoyed it there. I can understand why you love it so much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:50 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Arubadoug wrote:
Yes it goes fast!! Dan and I were in our 40’s and now we’re in our 60’s.

As always looking forward to returning. We are there from Sept 1 for 3 weeks at La Quinta.

While I don’t post nearly as often as in the past, have some interesting suggestions for new places to try - checking in on reviews and trip reports. Thanks to all for feedback especially regarding car rentals. Will be using Hans for our car rental having used Econo for ALL the other years. Time for a change. Ya think! We also have some new restaurants to try out but will mostly look for fun in the sun. We’re beach people and enjoy time in the water, sipping cocktails and catching up with friends.

We’ll try to be better about doing reports this time.

Just remembered that in recent years we entered Aruba without having our passport stamped. The count is probably 50+ visits as I know we missed including a few by thumbing through our passports.

Packing this morning. Eager to give Tropic a try.