All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Restaurants Jan 10 - 13
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:20 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Arrived Sunday, process getting through airport was pretty good, but they should let people know sooner that they have to show the actual test results. The Green checkmark is not sufficient.

Two people we were traveling with, who had gotten their tests at Citi MD, has the wrong test and had to be re-elected at the airport. Apparently, Citi MD is giving the wrong tests, as many others were in the same predicament.

Since they had to quarantine awaiting the results we got takeout from Smokey Joes. They take your temperature and make you put sanitizer in your hands before you can go in.

The ribs were great, as was the steak and the Mac and cheese balls.

The got their negative test results at 2 AM, so quarantine was iver.

Monday night, we walked over to Wacky Wahoo, and got seated right away. The ceviche appetizer was huge and delicious. It was enough for one person to have as a full meal. The calamari appetizer was also great. We had the barracuda special, which came with four shrimp and a smoked crabcake. Not a big fan of smoked food, so only had one bite. My fish was not cooked thoroughly, so I asked them to just cook it more. They brought me out an entire new plate of food! Wacky is still out favorite seafood restaurant, and we will be going again next week. Stopped in at Sopranos for a couple of drinks on the way home.

Tuesday, lunch at Bugaloe. It was not crowded at all. All of our lunches were filling and very good.

For dinner, we went to Hostaria, and are outside. The truffle linguine was some of the best I ever tasted! The osso bucco was tasty, but dry. Probably because they don't sell enough, with the limitations on occupancy and the reduced nu!bet of people on the island.

Last night, we are at Bohemian, and it was outstanding. The setting is gorgeous. Service was great.

Supposed to go on the Monforte dinner cruise tonight, but they cancelled because they didn't have enough reservations.

Everywhere we have gone, there are excellent Covid protocols in place, and everyone is following them. The limit of 4 people per table will be an issue for us next week, as we will be six.