All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Many Restaurants
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:57 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

First night is always Smokey Joe's and as always it was very good.
Sunset Grill twice. Both times very good. Service excellent. I tried the cauliflower steak and really enjoyed it the first time, but not quite as good the second time. H had very good steak both times.
Azzura twice. Both times we were there to see the beautiful sunset. The food is excellent and we go every year.
Aziz a new restaurant to us. Went 2x. It is beside Daniel's and is part of the Gianni's group. It was there last year, but we never tried it. The food was very good as was the service on the first visit. The second visit still had good service, but the food was not quite as good and we probably won't go back.
Bavaria restaurant. In all the years we have been going to Aruba we have never tried this restaurant. It was okay, but probably won't go back.
Duschi (sp?) Bagels and Burgers. Went for breakfast and a casual dinner. Both were very good. It is always very busy and now we know why. For dinner I had ribs and H had the grouper. The ribs definitely rival smokey joe's.
Daniel's Steak House. We enjoyed the restaurant and the service was good.
Barney's. We usually go at least once. The food and service were excellent.
Hostaria d'Vitorio. Excellent Italian restaurant. We went 2x. On one of the visits we just had a pizza. It was excellent. The other time we had a dinner and H said the grouper he had there was delicious. We also like the eggplant parmesan appetizer at this restaurant.
Gianni's. Went 2x. Favorites are the pasta fagioli soup and the lemon veal. On our second visit we split the soup and the veal and ordered 2 sides.
La Braise. This restaurant is new to us and I believe to the island. It was never very busy, but we tried it. It is expensive, but we enjoyed what we ordered. The service was very good. I had the beef bourgignon. H had onion soup and the mahi mahi and enjoyed them both.
Amore Mio. Had the pasta fagioli soup (which is Gianni's soup) and pizza. Both excellent. I particularly like the pizza because it is a thicker crust.
Chicken and Lobster for a very casual dinner. I had almond grouper which was very good and H had parrot fish which he liked.
Diana's pancakes for breakfast one day. It was very good and the portions are huge.
Dutch pancake house in town. We went to town one day to tour around and had breakfast for lunch at this restaurant. It was good. Had the breakfast plate that included eggs, bacon, toast, little pancakes and roasted potatoes.
Wacky Wahoo's twice. We love this place. Luckily we were able to get 2 reservations when we arrived in Aruba. Many people we talked to make a reservation before they leave home. I usually have the grouper and love it. H had grouper and lobster tail special the first time and the barracuda the second time. He said it was ok, but prefers the grouper.
Oak. This is a new restaurant. The food was excellent. H had a steak filet and I had the coconut snapper. We also shared the chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. The dessert was huge and delicious and I am very glad we shared it. We will definitely go back to Oak when we return next year. It is also difficult to get a reservation at Oak. We booked about 10 days before we went.
Ritz Carlton for Sunday buffet breakfast. We enjoy the buffet breakfast at this restaurant and do it instead of a Sunday brunch. They have a buffet breakfast every day, but it's our Sunday treat.
We also enjoyed gelato on a regular basis. We went to the Marriott hotel to gelato and co. and then sat in the lobby and enjoyed the entertainment in the lobby. The entertainment in the lobby is not every night, but it is usually very good when it is there. I don't actually know the schedule.