All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Asi Es Mi Peru
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

This restaurant located at Paradise Beach Villas had its soft opening the night before my departure from Aruba in January 2017 so there wasn't an opportunity to try it.

Since that time, I've read so many excellent reviews (here, and on TripAdvisor) that I knew I had to include it in my early October trip with my sister. While neither of us know anything about Peruvian food, we were willing to take advice from our excellent and attentive server.

We started with the fish ceviche. I've had ceviche many times and many places (and it's a dish I prepare as well) but my sister had no previous experience. She wasn't sure if she would enjoy it, but as a shared started it's a low risk situation. She loved it. The presentation with corn "two ways" creates an interesting textural contrast and the fish tasted fresh and with just a bit of 'heat'. Delicious.

From there we proceeded into two dishes, the Aji de Gallina which is chicken in a mild pecan sauce (excellent!!), and a pork dish whose name I've forgotten but it was absolutely wonderful. It had some vegetables and beans and both entrees were served with a little pyramid of white rice. The sauces of both of our entrees were just delectable. If we had not been at the end of our vacation, I would have cheerfully ordered extra food just to fill the refrigerator with yummy leftovers!

Would have loved to have dessert, but we were absolutely stuffed and it just wasn't a possibility.

We dined on the patio in the "market" setting which is quite delightful. There were some lovely handcrafted items available for sale and my sister made a purchase of some lovely pillow covers.