All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Barefoot
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:37 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Barefoot has been one of my favourite restaurants for the last several years, not only because the food is generally very good but the service is excellent and the location is unusual and special.

When we arrived, there were many small boats (occupied) in the cove because of significant wave action at Eagle and Palm Beaches. We had seen the big waves growing at Eagle Beach the day. With the popularity of the Linear Park, it was not as easy as in times past to park the rental car but I found a spot, and there were lots of people in and around the water. I enjoy that, it's a nice slice of life to see people enjoying the beach (as I do!), and once the sun has set the ambiance changes again and things become more quiet.

3 or 4 aircraft came in for a landing during our meal, which is always entertaining and I think makes this location especially interesting.

As an appetizer we both chose the lobster cappucino. I don't think my sister had tasted lobster bisque previously and she was entranced by it. I always enjoy the lobster cappucino as a starter because it is not a very heavy item and the entrees are very large portions (at least for me).

As a main course my sister chose the blackened Mahi Mahi. She commented that the (topping) "salsa" might have been better on the side as she felt it was enjoyable but detracted a little from the mahi mahi (which is her favourite fish bar none). She also mentioned that she found the mahi mahi somewhat dry. I haven't had mahi mahi at Barefoot in a couple of years and as I recall the reason I stopped was that I found this fish a bit dry but felt maybe that was just me. Now, maybe not.

I had the Snapper Old Amsterdam as my main and found it quite tasty with its herb, crumb, and cheese coating.

For some reason we went ahead with desserts even though we probably didn't need them :oops: The Key Lime Pie was divine (I managed to get into a corner of it) and my Snickers Cheesecake was decadent and wonderful.

Service was excellent. The ambiance and sunset were perfect. I was sorry that my sister's mahi mahi was somewhat dry since it's her favourite fish and she was very much anticipating it but overall this is a great restaurant and I expect I will be visiting again next year.