All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 2 dinners at Wacky Wahoo
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:27 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

It has been 3 or 4 years since I've dined at Wacky Wahoo, and I'm sure this is somewhat due to the awkward reservations method. All of our other reservations can be made online (or via Facebook message to the restaurant).

But this year I traveled with my sister who is a first time visitor to the island and she really wanted to dine at Wacky Wahoo. So I got busy and made the reservation and then, as it turned out, we had the opportunity to dine on a different evening with a long time (local) friend on the island and this resulted in a second Wacky Wahoo reservation.

Two nights back to back reminded me - truly - why this restaurant is full every night. And it was. We had early reservations both evenings (6:30 p.m,.) and watched so many people "just take a chance and show up" only to learn they probably could not get in any day that week. And this was low season, first week of October. I'm usually on island in January!

Anyway, down to business. The first evening I had the mahi mahi "Arubian style" which was absolutely perfectly cooked and with delicious sides. I have to keep reminding myself NOT to order any kind of appetizer at WW because the main dishes are very complete! My sister had the blackened mahi mahi which she said was absolutely perfect. The second evening I had the grouper special which came with a skewer of grilled scallops and shrimps on top, and my sister had the barracuda special that came with Caribbean lobster on a skewer. Once again, very full plates were put in front of us, the fish and seafood was perfectly cooked and beautifully seasoned, and dessert wasn't even a possibility to discuss.

Note to self: don't let 3 years pass by again. The awkward reservation system, strip plaza location, street parking, etc., don't matter a damn. The best two meals we had on the island, hands down, were at Wacky Wahoo.