It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Last few years on departure day, we've been having lunch at West Deck since it's open for lunch & on the way to the airport. DW had a Margerita and I had a Mojito. DW ordered the Spicy Jerk Shrimp dish and I had one of the specials - Pan-fried Wahoo. The shrimp dish was very spicy - DW teared up a bit. The Wahoo was tasty, but a little over cooked. DW had 2 glasses of a brut champagne (forgot name) & I had 2 glasses of Relax Riesling. West Deck is near the sea & we were sitting at a corner table at the edge of the deck, but we hardly got any breeze. While we were at the table we noticed that one of those little yellow birds (sugar birds?) was in the process of building a nest in one of the netting decorations that hang from the ceiling. We also saw a guy back his jet ski on a trailer attached to his jeep into the water. He had a little Yorkshire terrier with a pink bow that he sat in front of his jet ski and they took off for a ride - looked like the pooch was enjoying it. Camera battery was still dead (had hooked it up overnight to my PC, but the battery didn't charge up) - so no pictures of the food, the bird nest or the pooch.