All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 09/27/2018 - Barefoot
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:07 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

DW likes to have our last dinner on the beach, so another visit to Barefoot. DW had her usual Margerita & I was in the mood for an Old Fashioned. I ordered the Lobster Bisque to start - came with a vanilla froth, which I didn't care for - should have told them to hold the froth. I've had this soup at several places, but I didn't detect a shard of lobster or any taste of lobster - guess the lobster on duty didn't take a swim. For entrees, DW had the Garlic Shrimp again & asked for rice instead of mashed potatoes, but got french fries. I ordered one of their weekly specials - creole rubbed flank steak with chimichurri sauce - steak was OK, but a bit salty. We shared a bottle of Kim Crawford Pinot Noir with dinner. I've had many good dinners at Barefoot, but this one was so-so. When I got the camera out to take pictures of the food, the battery was dead - so, no pics. This was the first year I didn't bring the battery charger & the first time the battery went dead.