All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 09/21/2018 - Red Fish
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:40 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We haven't been to Red Fish in a few years; we had gone the 1st year they opened and then one or 2 years later - recall that the food was OK, but they screwed up our check both times - 1st visit, they added another tables entrees to our check - 2nd visit, they gave us another tables check. They also weren't very good at making a Manhattan. When we arrived around 7 PM, almost every table was occupied. Rather than get drinks, we ordered a bottle of Merlot (waitress said only red wines they had was Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon). We don't drink white wines & prefer Pinot Noir with seafood, but the Chilean Merlot was fine. DW had the Grilled Shrimp – about 10 shrimp served with cole slaw, french fries, plantains, white rice. I had the 1/2 pound fresh shrimp - got 11 shrimp that had a light coating and were deep fried (unlike the fried shrimp at Zeerovers, the shrimp were peeled & deveined) and had same sides as DW, but instead of cole slaw - my dish came with fried polenta. I also ordered shrimp cocktail - 5 large shrimp with a red cocktail sauce. We both got full - lots of food. Next time we come, I won't order an appetizer.
ImageImageImage