It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

To get to this Indonesian restaurant, you drive past Wacky's & Bingo's, make a left at the traffic light, and make a right where the pharmacy is. The inside of the restaurant looked better than we anticipated. They also have outdoor seating, but the only view would be the parking lot. There was only one other table occupied inside. DW had a Margerita. I ordered a Vodka Martini & the waiter said something about not having a shaker - then I asked for a Manhattan & he said the same thing. I saw a sign at the bar listing Mojito's & Pina Colada's, so I ordered a Mojito. We were going to skip the cocktails & order a bottle of wine, but they only had wine by the glass. We had 2 glasses of Merlot with dinner since that was the only red wine they had. DW doesn't usually order appetizers, but I wanted to try something in addition to the entrees. DW had the Spring rolls (6 miniature vegetable rolls with a spicy dipping sauce). I ordered the Fish Cakes, but the waiter said they didn't have any tonight - so I ordered the chicken wings. Both appetizers were very good (I ate 2 of the spring rolls). For entrees, DW had some spicy shrimp that came with coconut rice (wrapped in a banana leaf) & string beans. I asked for the Mixed Seafood, but waiter said they didn't have that tonight - so I ordered the Tempura Shrimp with a ginger dipping sauce – also came with the same sides that DW got. We both enjoyed the food and will return. For beverages, I suggest ordering stuff like wine, beer, or some typical Aruban drinks. Prices are in Florins with most entrees at 25 Florins. I think the Mixed Seafood dish that they didn't have was probably the most expensive item on the menu at 35 Florins.
ImageImageImageImageImage