It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:22 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We booked this dinner cruise before we left for Aruba. Ship takes off from the Pelican pier. After you hand them your tickets, they give you a boarding pass & pour you champagne in a flute while you wait to board. One of the attendants would pass by with a bottle to refill glasses - think we had 3. They had dining tables for 2 or 4 diners. A menu was placed at each table setting. We had thought we would get to chose from the 4-course dinner, but that wasn't the case. First course was a Ceviche with Red Snapper; 2nd course was a Shrimp salad (various greens & a large Avocado slice topped with 2 large shrimp); 3rd course was listed as a Surf & Turf with Filet Mignon & Lobster (forgot to take a picture) - but the lobster was minced and combined with other stuff - looked like a scoop of ice cream - it was tasty, but a bit salty. When we both order Surf & Turf, DW will give me the Filet Mignon and I'll give the lobster tail. So, I got 2 pieces of meat but DW said the 2 appetizers were very filling and didn't want that lobster concoction. Fourth course was a flan with various pureed fruits - I had both of our servings & was stuffed - took a Zantac before going to bed. They had an open bar with top shelf liquors & the drinks were pretty strong. I had a mojito, vodka, and wine with dinner. DW had some more champagne and a Margerita. They had a young fellow playing some really lovely dinner music. Other than not having menu choices, the only bummer was the weather. Due to the storms passing by, the Captain said rather than heading north as they usually do - we would head south to Nikky beach. There was hardly any breeze while the ship was stationary & it got a bit hot at times. In between courses, we would get up and walk to the uncovered front of the ship to get some air. I think having that canopy over the dining area prevents air from circulating. The host of dinner cruise mentioned that they would be installing fans in the near future. We enjoyed the cruise, met some nice people, and had a good time. One of the couples we met were celebrating their 40th anniversary (they honeymooned ir Aruba in 1978 & this was their 1st visit since 1978) just like we were & another couple was celebrating their 1st anniversary. The host announced our anniversaries & gave each couple a bottle of champagne with a sparkler. Although we had a great time, not sure if we would do it again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage