All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Fishes & More
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:52 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Can't remember everything, but will try. This was a week's vacation, but son and DIL and 2 granddaughters spent 5 days.
Fishes & More - 1st night and this is a tradition. Adults had the early bird - a bargain. 3 had the fish of the day - red snapper 1 had the fettuccini. The girls 6 & 8 had the children's portion of fettuccini. Their portion was the same size as the early bird. One minor problem - I had the chicken with my fettuccini and said to waiter I will share the chicken from mine - $4.00 extra.
When meals came out, the kids fettuccini also had chicken added to theirs. No big deal, but when we got the bill, $12.00 added for chicken to fettuccini dishes. Did not complain, but I promise that won't happen again. Service was very good. Food was excellant. Early birds came with salad or soup and ice cream for dessert. (We have been going here since they opened. This was the first time we got one scoop of ice cream as in the past, it was always 3 scoops)
2nd visit -Service was beyond slow. We were not in a rush but asked waitress on a couple of occasions to see where our meal was. just my hubby & I for our last night. Again he got the snapper early bird and I got the pina colada shrimp. App - onion soup. I did notice the portions were smaller, especially for the fettuccini this year. This is something I noticed at many of the restaurants this year.