All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Pinchos Grill and Bar
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pinchos is located on a pier in Oranjestad. This is fast becoming a favorite of ours. We have not found many restaurants that offer a water view that we truly love but Pinchos hits the mark. They have added more seating on an additional pier since we were last here in 2017. Our dinner for the two of us was $108.35 including a 15% service charge and tip. I had the catch of the day, which was Wahoo (so delicious) along with the coconut jasmine rice and grilled veggies. My husband had the Fillet Mignon and the summer salad. His sides were grilled veggies and a mashed potato. He had a Chill draft tall and I had the Hardy’s Moscato. I am very choosy with my Moscato and this one quickly became a favorite. Its origin is Australia. I have not been able to find a domestic (U.S.) supplier yet. The only complaint I have about this restaurant is the server Shislene made a strong point of telling us the 15% service charge was not a gratuity and did not pay her wage. Our perfect night and service was marred by her final comments; much too pressured. To add another 15 to 20% gratuity would be excessive.
We did add a 5% tip, almost regrettably, because up to that point, the service was excellent. We will return again, but if we receive another comment about the service charge not being part of the gratuity we will not leave anything extra.