All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: White Modern Cuisine
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We ate here once before when they were still at the Palm Beach Mall. We didn’t return because we found the food good, but too expensive. A friend of us visited the island two months ago and she raved about White. So we decided to give them a second change. They are now situated at Gold Coast, which is close to Tierra del Sol. You need to enter through the gate of Gold Coast and drive to the other site of this gated community where their Club House is. This is where you find White. There are tables outside at the pool with a great view of Marriott ville in the distance. We choose to sit inside in the modern, white decor.

The website says that they serve smaller portions, but we found that the portions were rather large. DH did bring half of his entree back home as he couldn’t finish it. The service is attentive and very good.

We started with a white mojito, their signature cocktail. I had it before and really liked it, and we still do.
DH had an appetizer: beets carpaccio. It was roasted beetroot with fennel creme, fennel slaw, pickled beets, figs, lettuce and orange. I had a bite and it was fantastic and well balanced.
As entree DH had the tomahawk pork chop with many things, including sweet potato. It was a huge piece of meat. Again, very well balanced and with the best ingredients. I had the 6 oz steak basket with caramelized oignons, stir fried veggies and homemade french fries. Also, very, very tasty. I had a glass of pinot noir with this dish.
DH ended his meal with a dessert of oranges: orange cake with orange and white chocolate ganache and orange gel. It was out of this world good.

Total bill was $ 125, which was cheap if I consider the quality of the food. I am happy we gave them a second change. We will go back here for sure. If you want fine dining for a good price, this is absolutely the place to go.