All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Asi es mi Peru
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

This restaurant is located at Paradise Beach Villas where Carambola used to be. As the name gives away, it is a Peruvian restaurant. The night we ate there, a lot of the guests were South American, which I guess is a good sign.

We started with a pisco sour. I never had that drink, but I really loved it, as did my DH. In fact, we both had two pisco sours.
DH started his dinner with a ceviche mixto (both fish and shrimp). He said it was the best ceviche he ever had (and he had a lot). It was a pretty large plate with boiled and roasted Peruvian corn and sweet potato.
As entrees DH had the daily special. It was grouper with a Peruvian fishsauce. DH said it did sound well apart from the grouper, but the very nice and helpfull waiter replied that in that case he will change it for red snapper. So DH ordered it and was happy. It came with white rice and yucca. DH said it was very tastefull and he really liked it.
I had the llomito saltado, stir fried beeftips with a sauce that was rich in taste. It was almost like a stew with veggies in the sauce. It came with white rice and french fries. It was very good.

We were so stuffed that we didn’t order dessert. Total bil was 112 dollar, service charge included.