Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Eighteen Days on Aruba
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

In no particular order:

Terrazza Italiano was a pleasant surprise. We both had the Putanesca Shrimp dinners and the accompanying Caesar salads and while not huge meals they more than satisfied our hunger. An Italian restaurant can serve good pasta and base ingredients but it is the sauce that makes the meal come together. My wife is Italian and is a marvelous cook. Their sauce was comparable to hers. The view was quite nice and Mina was effervescent as our server. Bottom line: We will go back next year.
PS: When making your reservation for two or four I suggest asking for table #4. It's the corner and offers wonderful views.

Suisse Chalet was its usual great self. We went twice and both times were very pleased. First night I had the Strip loin special which was cooked to perfection. Tender and tasty this steak came with a few roasted potatoes and some chopped veggies. My Caesar salad was just the right size and was prepared, not thrown together. Dressing was hand made and was accompanied with some fresh anchovies. Second visit I had the Schnitzel special. Thin and tender this delicious entrée more than filled me up. Again, a Caesar salad set the stage for a great entrée. Both trips I had their Escargot. Seven snails and delicious melt all cleaned with some of their soft bread.
My wife had the Veal Chop dinner and a Caesar salad on our first visit and the Strip Loin Steak special on our second visit. Both were, in her words, "Yummy"!
Bottom Line: Of course we'll go back next year!!

The Chophouse at the Manchebo Beach Resort was a disappointment. The old French Steakhouse was remodeled and renamed to give this place a new look and feel, I guess. We hadn't been to the French Steakhouse in several years due to disappointing meals so we thought things would be better. Wrong. My fourteen ounce "Tomahawk Pork Chop" was nowhere near 14 ounces.... I know... the bone and weight before cooking.... it was maybe ten ounces at best and tough as a shoe! My wife had a Caribbean Shrimp dish that, while tasty, was a small portion.
Bottom line: No way!

Matthews at the Casa Del Mar is my wife's fave on Aruba. We went twice and thoroughly enjoyed both meals and were totally pleased with their outstanding ambiance out on the terrace just a few feet from the crashing waves. Their menu had a few new choices and that is a good thing. Their menu from past visits was losing its charm for me. Both trips my wife had her 'regular' Pina Colada Shrimp dish and sides with a Caesar Salad. First night I had a new choice, the Seafood Combo which was four shrimp, some 'Green Shell Mussels, some calimari, and a decent size filet of grouper all with a nice, tasty sauce and accompanied by some white rice. I don't know if the grouper was in fact grouper but it tasted delicious. To start I had their escargot which I, as usual, cleaned up with some bread. The second visit was on Italian night and I had the Pork Saltimboca and was more than pleased! Again, I started with Escargot! Bottom Line: Definitely will go back as usual. Oh, yes: We call ahead to make sure Marcos is working that night. He is awesome as a personality and as a server!

The Water's Edge 12 Degrees North at Costa Linda: Three dinners, three lunches, and three breakfasts. Yes, we own timeshare weeks at CLBR but even if we didn't this restaurant would be one of our annual regular stops. My choices were their Strip Loin steak twice, and a grouper filet. The steaks were tender, tasty and juicy cooked just right and the grouper (or whatever it was!!!) was truly delicious. Sides were generous and well prepared. My wife opted for their Grilled Seasonal Veggie Salad with several added grilled shrimp which she raved about both as being delicious and plentiful. So good that she had that choice twice! Her other meal was the grouper dinner and was not only pleased but impressed. So good! Lunches were their scrumptious burgers and hot dogs each with generous portions of sides. Each breakfast for us was their "American Breakfast" which, for eight dollars is a true Aruba bargain.

I don't remember prices as we're so used to these restaurants and know they are not budget busters! However, the Chophouse was the most expensive as we spent About $125 for two, taxes included, no drinks, and with gratuity.

We eat in a lot at Costa Linda as we have a gorgeous balcony with a gorgeous view looking out over the huge beach and Caribbean and a great BBQ.