All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Some Restaurants
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:20 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Smokey Joes is always our stop on the first night. We had all you can eat ribs and coconut shrimp. All very good. The restaurant was busy as always. I like the cold slaw that comes with the meals as well as the food.

Yemanja. I wish I could remember what we ate, but I do remember that it was all very good. The atmosphere is lovely as well. We will go back next year.

Chalet Suisse. Almond grouper, coconut shrimp and chocolate cake for dessert. All was good. The restaurant never disappoints. The chocolate cake was fantastic.

Gianni's. We went to this restaurant more than once. One grouper with white wine sauce and one pasta primavera. Went next door to Gelatissimo for gelato. All was good. The gelato was terrific and they have many flavours. Another time we went to Gianni's we had a tomato bocanccini salad, lemon veal with a side of vegetables and penne pasta with tomato sauce and meatballs. All food was very good. Went next door for gelato again.

Barney's. Pork schnitzel and almond grouper. We usually enjoy the food at Barney's, but this time it was just ok. I don't think we'll return next year.

Hostaria da Vittorio. Pasta fagioli soup, ossa bucco, lemon veal. All food was very good. We went to gelatissimo for dessert. I had ferraro roche gelato and H had a raspberry gelato. They were both very good.

Blossoms. Won ton soup, spring rolls, breaded shrimp with sesame seed and lomein with beef, shrimp and chicken with brown sauce. White rice came with the meal. The lomein was just ok, but the rest of the meal was good. I remember Blossoms when it was in the hotel that is now part of the Riu. I think the food was better than it is now.

Sunset Grill. We shared a crab cake appetizer and each had a filet mignon. Sides were a fully loaded baked potato and asparagus. Steaks were very good, crab cake was good, asparagus was barely cooked and potato was good. We sat outside which was lovely. I would return.

Ritz for buffet breakfast. We did this 2 times. We were pleased with the buffet both times. The service is also very good. You can also order one of 3 items off the menu; eggs benedict, French toast, and avocado and egg on toast. We will return next year.

Amore Mio for pizza. H had pasta fagioli to start. The pizza was good and of course we went next door to gelatissimo for dessert. As you can tell, we are very fond on the gelato.

Azurro. H had pasta fagioli and a Caesar salad and I had pasta with roasted peppers, eggplant and tomato sauce. All very good and the view is lovely. On our last night we went to Azurro again. We had an early reservation in order to enjoy sunset and it was lovely. We shared a caprese salad and had grouper with vegetables and lemon veal that came with pasta with tomato sauce. We shared profiteral for dessert. All very good. Since it was our last night we went to the gelato place at the Marriott hotel and had our favourite gelato. It's Krok Chok and is a combo of hazelnut, almond, chocolate with chocolate chunks. It's great.

More to come later