All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Water's Edge
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:39 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

While staying our usual weeks 41 and 42 this year we were pleasantly surprised to see quite a few new additions to the menu.

I had the crab corn chowder (chowdah) 4 times during our stay....it is that good.

Prices are reasonable and you can dine outside or inside. The new chef Harold formerly of the Ritz has made a difference in some of the new offerings. If you haven't tried WE yet give it a try when you are in the area.

15 of us attended a 50th wedding anniversary dinner of longtime timeshare friends inside with a special menu developed with Edwin the manager to choose from of 3 appetizers and 3 entrees. This allowed every one of us to be served at the same time which was very nice for a party of that size. Everyone enjoyed their apps and dinners with no complaints. Two different cakes from Super Foods were served as desserts and both were really good.

Wednesday nights there is karaoke and Thursday is Italian Night with an Italian menu along with the regular dinner menu. On Thursdays the local Candy Dancers put on a show. The gals range in ages from 5 - 13 basically. They are so adorable and I know this is a real confidence booster for them. At the end it becomes an interactive show for those willing to get up and dance with them.

We eat breakfast and lunch there just about every day and arrival night and last night it is so convenient to eat there and conserve our energy for unpacking and packing for home. Those 2 nights Neil may bop over to Alhambra but I am finding our last trips I need that first night and last night to be a little more low key as I am getting older....lol.

We had 3 friends from the Swamp from this BB who were on the island at the same time and joined us for a 3 hour breakfast that first Sunday. Fortunately it was not a super busy morning so we were not taking up a table to the inconvenience of others. We certainly had a lot of catching up to do.

Neil joined one of the guys and a few others a few days later while I was in a board meeting and went to Zeerovers.

Being a member of this BB has certainly created some nice friendships and getting to see each other on the island is fun.