All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: AJ in Aruba
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:34 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

You have all heard of and or read the ancient Greek story the Illad and the Odyssey.

Well my stories will be the Idiot and the Odyssey

I am going to jump ahead and start with arriving here in Aruba.

United out of Newark was 30 minutes early. Plane that held about 180 had maybe 60. We were in First Class row 3 so were the first group to get off the plane. We were the only plane landing at that time.

Up the escalator, pass the Divi bag ladies and they have roped off lines but obviously we were one of the first in line. There is a person before you can go down the escalator who asks to see your big green check with bar code that you got emailed to you when you did the ED on line, were negative and paid the insurance. They hand you a blue card. You go down the escalator. The self kiosks are closed off. There are people there who want to see your green check, copy of your negative test and proof of insurance. They give you a white card and say give it to your resort/hotel when you check in. Next is regular immigration person only need to give them your passport. They actually stamp it and down to baggage carousel. Get you luggage and another person looks at the blue card and sends you to the scanning machines which they have moved since last I was there. Two big floor level machines. You put your luggage on and you walk on the other side. Luggage comes out you head to the exit and the final person takes your blue card. DONE AND FINISHED!

Couple of things. The people who had all the information on their phones were asked to step aside as they struggled to get all the required information available. I had hard copies so breezed through as others did. They did have a special line starting up where the first person checked your info and gave you the blue card. If you needed the test you went on a special line that ran alongside the blue carded people.

Didn't see anyone on the need to be tested line but then again we were in the first people through.

From getting off the plane to stepping into Hertz across the road maybe 12-15 minutes and most of the time was waiting for the luggage.

Questions?