All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 11/5-11/8
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pretty much the same as the other days. beach during the day. Thursday night we went to Oak. It was full and we had to wait a bit for our 8:30 reservation. Food was amazing

Friday we had 15 TS units check into the Riu. The hotel itself was also noticeably busier. More people on beach and by pool on Saturday.

Saturday morning there was a line for the Buffett at breakfast. they even
Set up a Bloody Mary bar. They still serve you and will make fresh if you ask

Saturday night we ate at Barefoot. Again the place was full. No wind made it slightly uncomfortable but the food made up for that.

Sunday morning I went to Linda’s Pancakes for breakfast. Got there a little after 8. Only one other table but people starting coming in soon after. Never disappointed here

Took a ride up to the lighthouse. I love when there’s nobody around. From there I took the dirt road along the coast as far as I could with my car and stopped at various points. I could see the rain over palm beach and was lucky to stay ahead of it. My last stop was a walk along arashi beach. Rain started so I headed back to palm beach as I could see it cleared there. Road in front of Riu was flooded. Wasn’t sure I could get the car into the parking lot so I parked across from Riu. A girl crossed the street and the water was up to her ankles. Decided to wait it out until I saw a car like mine make it go through. Gave the gas pedal a good push and made it into the lot.

On the beach now, still overcast and it looks like it’s trying to clear

For anyone still on the fence about going just go. Instead of stressing about whether you will get your results back in time look to see if a place near you does the Abbott ID now test. even if you have to drive an hour it’s worth having results in 20 minutes