It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:38 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

So depending on airline, dates, location, etc everyone will have a somewhat different experience but here is mine:

Delta Airlines
MSP-ATL-AUA
First class cabin

Arrived at MSP and found could not use normal Delta Sky Priority checkin counter. Everyone going to any destination requiring a Covid test had to checkin at the Delta Special Services counter. At that counter they asked to see passport, Copy of Green check ✔/ok to board, and Covid lab results.

Get my boarding pass and off to the gate. While sitting there they paged my name to podium. Asked to see Covid results again and entered test date into their system.

Fly to Atlanta. Atlanta Airport was busy. Everyone wearing masks but no social distancing. Went to Delta Skyclub for champagne since no longer serving that on flights.

Then to gate. Walked up to podium to see if they needed anything. She checked my passport with a red mark on my boarding pass. Said all I need to board now is boarding pass and green check ✔.

Arrive into Aruba...
I was probably 3rd person off the plane. Up the escalator and right before going back down the escalator to immigration they asked to see green check ✔ again and they give you a blue ticket. Down escalator to immigration. Here they asked to see Covid lab results. Then onto immigration officer for a stamp in the passport (no more automated scanning).

Baggage claim - my bag came out before the majority of my plane even got through immigration. Walked to luggage scanner and they scanned everything. No line because I was ahead of everyone. Before walking outside they take your blue ticket and you are free to go.

My plane landed about 2:40/on time. I was through everything, picked up rental from Hans and walked into Amsterdam Manor at about 3:30.

Alot of hoops but easy if you print ALL your paperwork and have it ready.

Island is quiet....but enjoyable
Will write more later......

I made some photos public for all to see at the following link:...
https://www.facebook.com/arubaamy

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Oct & Nov. 2020
41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021