All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: 29th, 30th and 31st
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Back to Arashi on the 29th. There were fairly large waves so too rough and murky to snorkel so just enjoyed bouncing in the water. They were surfing the waves on the reef-surf boards and all. Way to rough for me to go there even though I presume the water would have been clearer.. The wind has calmed down somewhat to a more typical level. Very pleasant.
Wednesday we had a jeep. Drove down to Baby beach. Planned to do a quick snorkel, but I cleverly put our gear in Han's car in the am. Too bad though because there were turtles swimming in the lagoon and it would have been nice to get a look at them. So we just took a cool off dip. Toured the back side of the island again in a more leisurely fashion than the last time. Our plan is to do an Arikok day on Thurs so we pretty much did the rest that we wanted to see. Came back and desalted and relaxed in the pool and tub. Leftovers night for dinner again.
Halloween day we woke up early and did a sunrise at the light house. Kinda cloudy but still always nice to see the island transition from lights to daylight. Big rain clouds in the distance. Gassed up the heap and had breakfast at the food shack by the gas station again. Good and cheap. Left for the park, tried to take a shortcut off rt 4, got somewhat off track, but eventually made it to the park. They closed the Natural Pool before we got down to it as the waves were breaking over the rocks into it. Looked more like the inside of a washing machine. Saw some happy folks racking up a HUGE repair bill on their rental SUV trying to make it down the last hill. I wonder if they made it back up without help. Spent time touring the caves(disturbing what idiots will do to deface anything) and left the park for Baby beach to see if the turtles were still there. Cool off too. Baby beach had really high water and waves-totally different from yesterday. Anyone ever wonder how water gets into the parking lot? We now know. Water too crowded and murky to really see anything well. Did not see a turtle either. Dinner at Zeerovers and back to the hotel for a late pm swim and soak.