All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Oct 26th to Oct 28th
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Back to Arashi for both days. The weather has been great, and the water quite calm-esp in the mornings. I snorkeled twice both days. I do not even take my camera any more. It is more enjoyable watching the fish and not chasing them for a photo. Conditions very good, especially out in slightly deeper water. We typically beach it from 9ish to about 4:30 and then come back to desalt in the pool and hot tub. Watched beautiful sunsets again-right into the water.
Yesterday we were blessed to see the last Hawksbill turtle nest of the season hatch at Arashi. A National Geographic moment. Truly incredible to see the little guys go down to the water. A gentleman from Turtug Aruba got called and arrived just in time to see the last baby flop into the sea. They(several of the volunteers from Turtug A) came back at 6 pm and hand dug up the nest to count eggs etc ….They keep records of the nests. While digging up the nest they found 21 live babies that had not made it to the surface. Wonderful to see the little guys get a second chance at a life as they were released into the sea. An unforgettable experience. We helped them take apart the barricade they had around the nest and load it in their truck. What an end to the day!!