All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Oct 23 to Oct25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Arrival on Delta went well. Flight was packed. The old 757s fly as smoothly as ever. No Divi bags at airport again!!!!! Good thing we brought an older one back. It must be the arrival time-lunch break? Immigration was a breeze with the auto passport machines. Got bag and then had to wait for my honey to exit the ladies-so baggage collection smooth as well. Line into customs took 5 minutes, but after being asked where we were from the lady waved us through. (We look honest and they could see that we were not trying to smuggle anything.....) Met up with a young man who looked a bit like a younger Hans and Dennis had us in the car and motoring toward town in 2 mins. THANK YOU TROPIC for a great service. Again.
We changed things up this time. It was a long day already so went down to the pool and cooled off, hot tubbed and took a nap by the waterfall. Woke up in time to walk down to the beach and sit for a beautiful sunset. Dip in water too. Water especially lovely this year.
Next day I went down early to the beach, grabbed a palapa and then had to wait for my coffee. The girls at DD "open" at 6:30, Cinnabon at LaCabana now does Juan something coffee and but still "opens" at 6:00. Officially that is......reality is the coffee is ready about 15 minutes later.
We beached it on Eagle until about 11:30, then a quick desalt in the pool and a trip downtown. 2 huge cruise ships in, but traffic not too bad. Then off to Lings, Superfoods and back to the resort for a pool/hot tub afternoon/evening.
For those of you on a diet please be advised that Superfoods is still making fresh stroopwaffles. Warm samples available. Deadly.
2nd full day we did our drive up the coast to Arashi. They are doing construction past the Ritz-putting in a shore walkway. It will be a lovely place for our am walk next year. The old wreck does not even look like a ship anymore. Beached it on Arashi all day. Water fairly clear so snorkeled until all the boats showed up. It then got crowded at the reef by Boca Catalina so I went out to the other reef. The water was clearer there and the fish/corals were beautiful as always.
Feels like we never left the island.
Who would have thought that two days of doing nothing would take up this much space?