All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Day 2 Part 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

DISCLAIMER: Not responsible for spelling, run on or run off sentences or just about anything I will write.

So after not moving in bed all night I woke at 7:30 and the early bird Mrs AJ was coming back in from securing a palapa. She woke at 6:00 went down and as usual there were a few people laying "claim" to numerous palapas. She claimed hers came back upstairs and at 7:00 went back down. At the Phoenix at 7:00 the beach guys start to unlock the chairs and a security guy comes by you give him your room number and he writes it down. You have 2 hours to get there or lose the palapa. Don't worry you interlopers the security guy never comes back, no one ever walks back and checks. It's colossal BS. All smoke a mirrors.

The ever attentive Mrs. AJ made coffee and we sit out on the balcony and have our first morning. We have breakfast and grease up and at 9:30ish down to the beach. set up a few extra lounge chairs. Two in the sun, two under the palapa. I read the local Aruba paper and it could have been last years. Same old same old other then the many US problems. Wonder if it is not a dig on us. Trump, fires, tornados, murders, etc. Yes Aruba Today LOVES the US.

In and out of the sun and at 1:00 up for lunch. The stuff we got at Superfoods. The very lucky Mrs. AJ has Bingo from 2:00 to 3:00. While she is playing I head to LIngs.

I like Lings better then SuperFoods. They seem friendlier. My opinion not open for discussion.

Buy bottle of vodka and tequila that was a bit cheaper then SF. Buy a cooked chicken, salad stuff and red potatoes (dinner tonight).

On the way back saw a small car crash with local and tourist. Now that's a way to ruin a vacation. Please drive carefully.

Back to room make a vodka concoction and back to the beach and yje lovely greased up Mrs. AJ. Drinks, pretzels, people watch and then a nap under the fading sun.

Leave the beach, replace towels and back to room to shower and I prepare dinner.

Right now after dinner and drinks we plan on a run over to the gelatto across from the Hyatt. The lovely Mrs AJ LOVES their gelatto .

So goal for tomorrow is to do what we did today pretty much (no need to food shop) and eat out tomorrow night.