It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hmm, ok, this is where the reports become more repetitive bc we do the same thing every day. Let's see what I can remember.

Started the morning with another long walk - this time to Costa Linda for breakfast. I had the special $7.95 each day - today was scrambled eggs, potatoes, one pancake, sausage, bacon. Mike had the banana oatmeal and grapefruit which I think came up to $8.50. Don't let his healthy breakfast fool you though. He ate a piece of my bacon, a sausage link, and 1/2 the pancake too!

Back to the room to work a tiny bit (last minute vacation in my fairly busy season for work - means I had to bring my laptop). Mike probably hung at the pool for a little while. Then, over to bunker bar for 3 rounds of screwdrivers and vodka/sodas, as we watched the Carnival Sunshine come into port. It was really close. Great bartender there - named Civil. Too bad he's scheduled to be at the Tam today. Back to the room again and out to the pool I think for a little while, followed by leftovers for lunch. That worked out great. We don't normally have a microwave in our hotel rooms, so bringing leftovers back home after the night before was a good move. We shared the salad and the seafood lasagna. Just enough after a big breakfast. The afternoon was filled with probably a few too many drinks made in the room, pool time, nap time, shower time.

Mike's favorite restaurant on the island is Atardi at the Marriott, so we made reservations a few days ago for tonight. We knew Oscar was on vacation (our waiter for the last 14 visits!), but Mauricio filled in wonderfully. We were so impressed when he saw us at the bar in June and called us by name, so we wanted to pay the respect back and request him as the waiter this time. We always enjoy seeing Andrew at the bar as well. Dinner and sunset were great as always! We had a shrimp appetizer, macadamia nut grouper and short ribs, followed by the coconut cake and coffee. I think all in, dinner was around $180 plus a generous tip. Keep in mind there were probably 4 mixed drinks in that bill and the Marriott drinks aren't cheap (but they are strong). That was our splurge night.

So then we walked up to the Ritz to gamble a little - yeah, definitely have no clue what we put in and took out, but suffice it to say we're now in the red! Then cabbed it to Alhambra - why I don't know! Shuttle back to room to end the night.

Next report - more walking, more eating, more drinking, more gambling.