All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:58 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Background
As we quickly approached the day we'd take our youngest son to college, hubby and I agreed we should take a quick trip to the beach for a few days. After searching places w/in a couple hours of his college (Tybee Island, Amelia Island, etc.), I hopped on RCI to check timeshares. By some crazy (miracle) coincidence, the filters changed, and Aruba popped up with a match. I checked airline miles and was flabbergasted to get 2 round trip tickets for less than we paid for one way earlier this summer when we took the boys. Done! So this past Monday, we booked a last minute, 5 night trip to the Divi Dutch Village on AA leaving just 5 days later. We agreed that this would be a totally casual, simple, somewhat cheap trip.
We moved the boy to his dorm, filled his belly, and headed to the airport hotel!

Day 1
Flew AA from ATL through CLT to AUA (cheaper points to connect than to go direct from CLT!). We had the greatest taxi driver ever who works for Budweiser and Mint M&Ms. :wink: We made a quick stop in Lings and then checked right into our ground floor phase 2 building studio unit. It's perfect. We mostly stay in hotel rooms in Aruba in the high rise area, so the studio is a nice upgrade. We miss the beach views, but we are literally 8 steps from the pool's edge. We took a walk around the resort, and then the shuttle over to Alhambra.

We don't typically sign up for player's cards, though we should, so I talked Mike into it. By doing so, we got $10 match play for Black jack and coupons for 1/2 off sandwiches in the Cove. We put out $40 total at black jack, $20 each at 2 slot machines and video poker. We came home w. $284 in our pocket. Not too shabby. Dinner was in the Cove w/ the grouper sandwiches (normally $11). Came w/ a side. Mike had 2 scotch rocks. With tax, auto service, and a little extra - dinner and drinks were exactly $30. By the way - $3 black jack tables from 6-8pm!

To be continued.......maybe.....