All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Two weeks at Playa Linda
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are owners and just returned from two awesome weeks at Playa Linda, the resort looks great with work still ongoing. Week 20 we had our entire family with us in four units total, week 21 was just me and my wife. The staff at Playa Linda was exceptional as always from the front desk, the concierge, the beach guys, housekeeping, maintenance and of course all the bartenders. Beach was in great shape, the water was crystal clear with no muck or smell. Weather was great. Azzurro’s, the Lobby Bar, the Beach Bar, Carlito’s, Dushi Bagel, Chicken & Lobster, Smokey Joe’s, Petite Café and the convenience store were all excellent.
However in my opinion Management and Guest Relations was a different story. My wife fell off the step/platform adjacent to the elevator in the garage which is at least 18” high and the railing only goes halfway across this platform/loading dock and she tore up her ankle pretty bad on Friday May 25th. After visits to minute clinic, urgent care and the hospital with diagnosis of grade 3 fracture we reported it to the front desk on Monday the 28th once again front desk staff couldn’t have been nicer…but Management not so great. First question was why didn’t you report it when it happened (my wife thought it just a bad sprain and toughed it out as long as she could). One of the female security guards comment was it is not broken she wouldn’t be able to walk on it if it was (no she isn’t a Dr.)We met with Pauline at Guest Relations, new office between Yvette’s office and the new luggage lock-up room (hard to know this with no signage on the door). The lack of concern/human compassion was disappointing from Management, no follow up phone call to ask how my wife was doing or anything close to caring about her well being. Our final encounter with guest relations was when she sent a security/loss prevention officer to our chickee, had my wife hobble up to the beach walkway for her to tell us upper management decided they would not compensate us for medical expenses (approx. $600.00 not counting visits when we got home). It wasn’t about the money our concerns were about the lack of interest/compassion from our management team…as long as they get their fees they don’t care…seriously disappointed. (condensed version). Oh almost forgot, I did speak to a board member and basically received the same response as we got from management.