All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Last 24 Hours
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I am going to try my best (which is never saying much) and give a daily kinda of report while here until Friday December 8th. You will notice a lot of nothing as that is what I am good for.

OK Let JFK on Delta (thank you GiantsFan for telling me about the non-stop Delta flight). Upgraded to Delta Comfort where for $80.00 you get boarding early, sit in seat while the rest of the icky coach people pass you by and take forever to figure out where their seat are. NOTE: folks it's not rocket science there are rows and lettered seats. I have to say it seemed that 75% of the coach people have never been on a plane or understand basic math and the alphabet.

We take off great smooth flight. Left at 8:35 and by 9:30 I had my first of many Finlandia vodka's (it's part of the Delta Comfort price). Monitor screen bigger than coach but not as big as First Class.

Arrived 25 minutes early in Aruba and it was raining as we were landing and had just before we hit the runway however it didn't rain on Palm Beach (that's Aruba).

We were the only plane landing so being in Delta Comfort we were maybe the 15th people off the plane and dashed through immigration. Bags came out in maybe 20 minutes and across the street to Econo. Now usually we have rented from Hans but I am a lazy bastard and although it's a quick ride to Hans's office offsite I don't care. In fact Econo was the same price an Hans.
I'm the only one in Econo and Judith greets me and maybe 10 minutes I am in my car and on my way.

Sorry the "i" is me and the ever lovely Mrs AJ.

Off we go and cruising along until we get to the Seaport area. There are 3 "boat people" ships in town and for some reason downtown Aruba comes to a stand still. Aruba needs to adopt a New York approach. Get in my way....pay the price.

So 45 minutes later we arrive at the Phoenix. Only people checking in are us and we sign and in the room.

We missed the Manager's Monday Party but they say that there is one at the other Divi. So off with the big boy pants and on with my knickers and off we go. Usual watered down drinks and DJ music and local dancers (ladies drop the panty hose and lets show some skin).

So they say Mulligans Has a Tuesday $9.50 any pizza pie night. We have been up since 4:45 AM L-O-N-G day so lets eat and stop at SuperFoods and call it a night. Well the pizza was certainly worth $9.50 (not a penny more). Cesar Salad (good) and water (had enough at the Managers Party. Total with tip $26.00. Can is spend or what?

On to SuperFoods (I DON'T like the place way too much attitude and s--tty selection) get basic breakfast foods and chips. Back to the Phoenix and by 10:00 we are DEAD>

The ever attentive to my needs Mrs. AJ is up at 6:30 getting us a palapa.

We did our first day walk down to the Hyatt (too lazy to go any further on the first day). Back to room made the lovely Mrs. AJ an omelette and off to the beach. Sat my skinny white ass down and not until lunch did I venture to Lings (more on the comparison later).

Back to palapas with my vodka mixture and spent the rest of the day in and out of the sun.

That's it for now.

DISCLAIMER: I am on the balcony with maybe five vodkas in me so I hope some of this makes sense. (kinda a).