All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: June 27th to July 8th
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:21 pm 
Senior

We Just returned home from our 6th trip to Aruba. It just never gets old! Had a wonderful time with my wife and her brother and his wife (our best travel companions) We stayed at the Renaissance for the first 2 nights so we could visit the private island, surprised our friends with a private cabana. It was awesome and the island was great too. Enjoyed the Flamingo's and Iguana's, they knew where and when they would be fed. The hotel is also very nice, a lot of well dressed people from all over. We ate at Yamanja, Casa Tua and the Dutch pancake house while in the area, enjoyed them all, especially the Sangria at Yamanja. Saw a very good female singer at the stage area but forget her name, even enjoyed the opera songs.
After that we moved down to Costa Linda for a week. First time trying a rental at this timeshare and I must say it won't be the last. There are so many Palapa's available at any time of the day. I even went down at 8:00 a.m. one day and there was a front row available, most other days second row but that is fine. Lots of Cruise chips in during the week that used the public beach next to us. They sometimes would wonder over to C/L and sit at the Palapa's and chairs until security would ask them to leave. They were all very nice about it but I felt a little bad about some with the kids. The rain during the week was very unusual, almost every day for short periods, nothing that bothered us much. We were in Aruba! The resort even had a picnic for us on the 4th with Burgers, dogs and cake, even free beer!
How awesome is that? Saw some fireworks from the Divi and from other resorts down on Palm Beach.
We ate several times at Waters edge, always good, many happy hours too. Went to Ricardo's, Chalet Suisse and Wacky Wahoo's all very good in their own way. Tried Twist of flavors and had excellent onion soup with the bread and unusual spread but I'm afraid my steak was overdone.
We left C/L on Friday and moved down to Coral Reef in Savaenta next to the flying fishbone. The owners were very nice and their son hung out with us most of the day on Saturday. The place is a certainly different, no hot water which is fine, it is luke warm. And no T.P. in the toilets which takes a little getting used to but overall its fine, A.C. works and the beds are comfortable. I walked to the local markets and got some supplies, coffee, lunch, drinks etc. If we stay there again, and I would certainly consider it just for the local feel, I would rent a car. Of course we ate next door at F/F and it was great as always. Probably the best sunset of our trip as it was mostly overcast during our stay.
It was a very nice relaxing 11 days with no excursions but plenty of eating and drinking. Hope to go back in 2020 and take my sister in law that has never been there.