All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

The answer is YES.
My friends husband had it in April and again in December. He always wears his mask at work. The problem is, the guys he works with, only cover their month with the mask.....and leave their nose hanging out. :evil:
He went for the antibody test after his first bout with Covid. His test confirmed that he did have the antibodies. I've heard the antibodies only last a few months.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

That is too bad for your friends husband. Yes, you can get it multiple times, just like the flu or a cold. Sometimes the virus slighly mutated and you catch this “new” version. But your response system is functioning better the second time. So he probably won’t get as ill as the first time. We are not sure yet how long the antibodies will last. COVID ain’t around long enough to know.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

That's one of the problems with this virus. Apparently, it affects different people in different ways. There is no apparent rhyme or reason that we have found yet.

I have a friend who was on a respirator and almost died in April and didn't go home until May. Last month, he ran a blood sample (he's a physician) and there were no antibodies present. BUT...he was on the front end of the antibody transfusion therapy. So...could it be that the reason he had none was because he wasn't using his own to begin with? Who knows?

Meanwhile, some random dude that had the sniffles in March has antibodies galore.

But, wearing a mask below your nose? That is ABSOLUTELY a no-no. It's like an open-ended condom. Why even put it on?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Like everywhere....enforcement enforcement enforcement. Marylou...is someone in charge where your friend works?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Damn. You would think you'd have immunity for a longer period, but I guess thinking it through it is as Ingrid explained.

For this reason, I'm thrilled that Mom's Assisted Living Facility is scheduled to receive and have the vaccine administered sometime between Tuesday and Thursday next week. She had it back in April as well.

I hope your friend's husband has a very mild case this time around, and that no one else in his family catches it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I have a niece who has tested positive more than once...but she is also a bud light girl as her 2nd job, in the bars of Atlanta, so no wonder. I don't think anyone knows for sure how long the antibodies last. Some say 3 months, others have had themselves tested over and over and they were gone sooner. So sorry about your friend's husband. I hope he gets well quickly and with no complications.
Ian and I went to a funeral this afternoon....talked to my brother on the way.....he has a fever and is really tired, 1/2 the people he watch the bowl games with have tested positive for covid. I am pretty sure he has it. He just had open heart surgery in November. Pneumonia in both lungs at Thanksgiving. Praying he only has a mild case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh Carolina...prayers for your brother!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks for the update ML, hope he only gets mild symptoms!

Carolina, that is terrible, hoping he stays well!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Crazy that people can’t even wear their masks properly. Hoping the second time is less severe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hope your bother can zip right through this covid Carolina... prayers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Carolina prayers that your brother doesn't have covid and if he does it is a mild case. Also prayers for your friends husband Marylou. Sheldon prayers #2 and his grandparents stay safe too.