The Aruba Forums
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: friday wake up
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Good morning. Pammy, will Rufus be staying home with your brother (was it); will you be christening a new room at the Tam? I read on TA there was night noise bringing in sand to fix the erosion, should be perfect by the time you get there.

Rufus will be staying at the place where he goes for doggie daycare, they love him :) If my brother was staying at our house he would watch Rufus but he will just be stopping in to take care of things.

Yes we will be in one of the new rooms, looking forward to seeing the changes. The pictures look wonderful, hope the beach is looking a bit better. Just being in the warm for a while will be wonderful, if only we could teleport there :lol:

Normal work day for me, still working on getting things tied up so I shouldn’t need to do anything while I am away. I will still check email but that won’t take long.

John just took Rufus to the vet for his annual checkup & shots, we will find out how much he weighs now as he is too heavy to hold & step on the bathroom scales :lol: John has been instructed to stay in the car & they will come out & get Rufus for his appointment, they will bring him back out once done. He is a super friendly guy so won’t care but if we still had Penny she would be very nervous about doing that.

Have a good day, stay safe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:14 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Temps dropped to the mid 20'sF overnight but the sun is shining and it should reach the high 30'sF this afternoon. That will be nice enough for a long walk to get some fresh air and exercise.
Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

morning, Kenny's toe looks a little better today, still swollen but not a bloody mess, I will not be posting pics :lol: His daughter seems to think it will be much better by his follow up appt on the 13th.

Sort of a sad day today and its totally selfish. I should have been on a plane right now but kenny didn't want me to leave. His kids were ready to step in and take care of him, but he didn't want them to. I get it. Soooo instead of keeping a secret trip that only my sister and Judi knew about I am sharing because look how that turned out :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed that i will be island bound next week.

Thoughts with those in need, have a good one all

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Pammy, so envious of your upcoming trip....I think sometimes of all the incredible innovations we have, yet we can't teleport to Aruba...they need to get on that! I feel you on the vet covid protocols....not being able to go in with Lucy for her last visits was hard....they did allow us to come in for her last visit :cry: We got her ashes and paw prints back yesterday. :cry:
Taking my parents to the cardiologist this morning then, if we can work it out, Ian and I will go to a dear friend's father's outdoor/graveside funeral. It is cold and rainy, so should be quite miserable. The family are close friends, tennis friends and football friends. Ian's golf buddy's grandfather and my mixed doubles partner's father. So we need to go if we can work it out.
Wishing everyone a great day! Stay warm and stay well!
Note for the Ronnie's.....my son had already had covid at school, so he did not get it when the 3of us did...he tested positive for the antibodies. I don't know if anyone REALLY knows if we can get it again, how soon, what if the virus has mutated...so many questions.
Oh, Linda, I hope you get to go!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Linda, you are not selfish at all! And happy to read that you plan to be island bound next week. 8) 8) 8)

Good morning everyone!

For the first time in a while, I got a good 10,000 step walk in yesterday. We walked the full cemetery where my Dad/grandparents and tons of other family members are buried in my hometown. I even found my kindergarten teacher's headstone - Mrs. Kapolchok. :D I don't know what it is about cemeteries, but they are my favorite place to walk.

Sunny and cold here today - again. No snow though - so no complaints.

Stay safe, warm and well, and have a wonderful day.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:49 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

As I explained, Sheltina's sister and her husband tested positive, and the sister-in-law is apparently pretty sick. She's only 38. (Don't do the math...crazy genealogy. My sister is 10 years older than me. I'm 4 years older than Sheltina. And Sheltina is 12 years older than her sister. See...we're not exactly poster children for family planning.)

#2 is staying with his grandparents this week and we were ALL around them on New Year's Day.

But, GREAT news! Sheltina and #1 tested negative! I get tested today, and the grandparents and #2 are all feeling fine. So...yay! I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! Cloudy and chilly again today. I'll pick up my biking buddy and take him to Speakeasy to visit a favorite bartender of his who is moving to Florida. No plans other than that.

Good to hear Kenny's toe looks better.

What's up with the hot dog rolls? You mean buns? You can't get them on the island?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:05 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

lindaspooky wrote:
morning, Kenny's toe looks a little better today, still swollen but not a bloody mess, I will not be posting pics :lol: His daughter seems to think it will be much better by his follow up appt on the 13th.

Sort of a sad day today and its totally selfish. I should have been on a plane right now but kenny didn't want me to leave. His kids were ready to step in and take care of him, but he didn't want them to. I get it. Soooo instead of keeping a secret trip that only my sister and Judi knew about I am sharing because look how that turned out :lol: :lol:

Fingers crossed that i will be island bound next week.

Thoughts with those in need, have a good one all

Linda, sorry to hear you aren’t flying out today. Once again Kenny should be very thankful for you. Maybe see you next week :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:06 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
They say the sun is going to poke out today.....we'll see!
Have a nice day everyone!

Happy Birthday to the one and only KING................ELVIS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:46 am 
Prolific Very Helpful

Darsflipflops wrote:
Good~Morning!
They say the sun is going to poke out today.....we'll see!
Have a nice day everyone!

Happy Birthday to the one and only KING................ELVIS!!!

Dars I knew I liked you! Elvis would have been 87 today. My dad shares a birthday (but never a photo...hmmmm) with Elvis. He would have been 89 today.

Thank you...thank you very much.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! Gonna be chilly next several days. Ann, lucky you, we cancelled CT trip this year, got no
real hotdog rolls and can't get them here. Carolina, happy Lucy is back home. Our 2 Bichons are in urns
here with us. I made a big batch of brocolli rabe (rapini) with sausage yesterday. Ate alot of it too!
Be well, safe and enjoy today everyone!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

sunflower wrote:
Good morning! Cloudy and chilly again today. I'll pick up my biking buddy and take him to Speakeasy to visit a favorite bartender of his who is moving to Florida. No plans other than that.

Good to hear Kenny's toe looks better.

What's up with the hot dog rolls? You mean buns? You can't get them on the island?

Google New England style hot dog buns. They are split on top; can be toasted on the grill or grilled in a frying pan with butter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. Cold gloomy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all!

Renay is quarantined again because of an exposure at school. Teaching remotely through next week.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:39 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all!
Need to take Christmas decorations down.. I've been dragging feet :lol:
Kids went back to school yesterday. Hope it all goes well and we don't have issues.
Have a great weekend all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next