All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: New Years Eve HH
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Yes, we started NYE HH here. After all it is almost 6 pm at this side of the pond. In with a glass of red. Evert will stick to diet coke, alcohol doesn’t agree with his heart anymore.

There are some loud bangs outside, but so much less than other years. The government forbid using fireworks this year. There are so many people with Covid in the hospitals here, they can’t also take care of the normal big influx of people wounded by fireworks.

We will just have a quiet evening at home. Only the two of us. We will eat oliebollen and enjoy watching the shows on the telly. And be in bed before 1 am for sure.

Cheers and you all enjoy a nice and laidback NYE! I will say goodbye to this shitty year hours before you. Yeah! :P

Post subject: Re: New Years Eve HH
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:41 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy New Year Ingrid and Evert. Wishing you a very healthy 2021. Enjoy your peaceful evening.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:59 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy New Year’s Eve, cheers! I just cracked a beer, house is on ‘cremate’ awaiting my mom’s arrival. Hopefully it will help with my attitude adjustment too, as you know I am not a great hostess :wink: I love the feeling as we are eating dessert and the pressure is off......and this anxiety is just for 2 people :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Just finishing up work and will be grabbing a bite to eat soon. Enjoy your Mom's visit Karen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers

Hugs to Carolina and her family!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:15 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers

We're in with white wine. Planning to switch to cocktails this evening & champagne at midnight.

My car is fine for now. Paid for diagnostic check due to intermittent emergency brake light engaged warning. E-brake not engaged, sensor is fine, brake fluid level is fine & car drives fine. May need a new e-brake tension cable and pedal since there is a little wobble, but not worth the money to investigate further at this point. If I tap the pedal with my finger the warning light & alarm disappears. :D

Happy Anniversary Judi!

AUA #34 May 2021

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:59 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

For dinner I'm having a dry aged ribeye, lobster claws, and green beans. Dessert will be a piece of chocolate pecan pie w/apple crumble cheesecake ice cream!

Shortly I'll be making a dirty Tanqueray martini(up) w/jalapeno stuffed olives.

Salute!!

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We are having the remaining pork pie and salad. May have a glass of red and save the bottle of bubbly for another time. Rainy here....! Have a good evening friends! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy New Year Ingrid and Evert!

We got all the outside decorations down and then stopped at the restaurant part of the tiki bar we go. Had a drink and some appys. we’re in for the night. Bear is in front of the fire, like Karen it’s tropical in here :roll:

just finished watching the midnight sky with George Clooney. it was ok, prob not the best choice for NYE :lol:

Will pour something later on. Kenny won’t make to to midnite, me and Bear will.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy New Year Ingrid and Evert!

I made a double batch of Louisiana Gumbo & Honey Hush Corn Bread,
I delivered to my brother and sister & Sister in-law. NY son picked his up on the way to work.
I need to clean up the mess, put my jammies on and start pouring the wine.

Happy New Years Friends!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

donnapCT wrote:
Cheers

We're in with white wine. Planning to switch to cocktails this evening & champagne at midnight.

My car is fine for now. Paid for diagnostic check due to intermittent emergency brake light engaged warning. E-brake not engaged, sensor is fine, brake fluid level is fine & car drives fine. May need a new e-brake tension cable and pedal since there is a little wobble, but not worth the money to investigate further at this point. If I tap the pedal with my finger the warning light & alarm disappears. :D

Happy Anniversary Judi!

Put a piece of tape over the warning light. :lol: Karen, you can do it. I tend to drink a little too much when hosting ... to calm my nerves.

I'm roasting some garlic potatoes which everyone in the hood probably smells. Along with stinky potatoes, we will be having pork chops on the George Foreman Grill and creamed corn. Red wine for now. I just got the request to delay dinner till 7:00. Neither one of us has been very hungry lately. I baked a cake thinking we'd have that tonight until George asked if I had enough candles. His birthday is tomorrow. Cheers and let's hope 2021 has some good stuff in store for us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy New Year, Ingrid and Evert and cheers with my spiced rum eggnog.

We'll have the Thai takeout Tommy just picked up within the next hour or so. I'm saving the bottle of Prosecco we
were going to have til tomorrow, since I don't want to switch to that after drinking eggnog. It really doesn't even
feel like NYE, does it? I'm on the couch under a blanket, pellet stove going, knitting a poncho I started over a year
ago.

Not sure what we'll watch for tv/movies tonight. We'll probably both be ready for bed by 10 pm!!

Thinking of Carolina and her family tonight. :(

Cheers to all of you and hopes for a better 2021, friends!! xo

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:50 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

beachgirl612 wrote:
Happy New Year, Ingrid and Evert and cheers with my spiced rum eggnog.

We'll have the Thai takeout Tommy just picked up within the next hour or so. I'm saving the bottle of Prosecco we
were going to have til tomorrow, since I don't want to switch to that after drinking eggnog. It really doesn't even
feel like NYE, does it? I'm on the couch under a blanket, pellet stove going, knitting a poncho I started over a year
ago.

Not sure what we'll watch for tv/movies tonight. We'll probably both be ready for bed by 10 pm!!

Thinking of Carolina and her family tonight. :(

Cheers to all of you and hopes for a better 2021, friends!! xo

Thanks for reminding me that I have eggnog that needs drinking. Yes, hugs going out to Carolina and family tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:00 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! I'm starting with a Dragon's Milk. I had eggplant parm & boiled cabbage for my 6:00 lunch....Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I have had a yen for spiked eggnog but decided I don't need the calories. I had a few beers at the bar and came home...don't want to be out on NYE. I'm out of the shower drinking a seltzer while channel surfing.