The Aruba Forums
It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here



CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:18 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:07 pm
Posts: 19851
Location: Connecticut
Is anyone else going to be there at this time?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:39 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 am
Posts: 7745
Location: CT/Surf Club
Booked for May 10-24.

_________________
AUA #34 May 2021


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:55 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:17 pm
Posts: 6842
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Will be there 4/26-5/5

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:01 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 4506
Location: SE MA
Fingers crossed for 5/11-5/25.

_________________
Marianne & Bob

AUA #33 - TBD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:12 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 2584
Location: Kingston, Rhode Island
Booked our flight on SW last week to go down on May 17..139.00 each. Waiting to book return as it will be right before memorial day weekend (May 28) and prices are high on SW right now

_________________
Denise
Aruba May 2021.. hopefully


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:53 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 5001
Location: Upstate New York
Did you book, Ronnie!?
If so...congrats! Happy New Year!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:01 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 am
Posts: 6528
Location: The Netherlands
We were booked for 5/16 until 6/27, but I mailed the owner we rent from two days ago that we will most probably not use our option for these dates. I am not sure if we feel ever confident again to come to Aruba with Everts heart condition. I keep hoping that in the future we will (really can’t stomach the idea not coming to Aruba anymore), but probably not next year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:22 pm 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:47 pm
Posts: 7348
Location: Ormond Beach, FL
While I'm not answering about dates in May, we have thought about a 2021 trip for September.

It was early to consider the topic and I didn't raise it. Here's some fast and furious discussions that followed:

You know, we're not getting any younger.
We both have health concerns.
Maybe we should be content with more than 30 visits.
You've already already experienced the hospital in Ar@ba.
Your doc said you were lucky to survive that experience.
Do you think we could manage a trip...even a week or so?
The connections out of Orlando are now awful.
You have to change in Fort Lauderdale. It double the down-time journey.
There's not enough time between flights coming back. We'll be stranded in South Florida.
Should we rent a car down there?
Should we just go to the resort and stay there?
If we go for a week, should we extend it a little to avoid Saturday at the airport?
Should we rent a car to get to Orlando?
Should we take a shuttle from Daytona to Orlando?
Can we pack light...for just 1 week - 10 nights?
And on and on...

That's not all of it, but the gist.
We usually make a decision by March.

_________________
Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. --- Grandma Moses


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:23 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:07 pm
Posts: 19851
Location: Connecticut
pattiw wrote:
Did you book, Ronnie!?
If so...congrats! Happy New Year!

Booked, I won't let a little flu virus ruin everything I live for. Just my opinion. Also to you Patti! :)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:03 am 
Offline
Extra Helpful Expert

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 am
Posts: 5001
Location: Upstate New York
ronnieb wrote:
pattiw wrote:
Did you book, Ronnie!?
If so...congrats! Happy New Year!

Booked, I won't let a little flu virus ruin everything I live for. Just my opinion. Also to you Patti! :)



Understood!!
Tom & I have been talking - if we want to travel, we're going to need to comply with restrictions.
I'm glad for you and Sue!!! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: @ruba 5-1-21-5-13-21
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:12 pm 
Offline
Prolific Very Helpful

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 796
Location: Lakewood Ranch
JohnT wrote:
While I'm not answering about dates in May, we have thought about a 2021 trip for September.

It was early to consider the topic and I didn't raise it. Here's some fast and furious discussions that followed:

You know, we're not getting any younger.
We both have health concerns.
Maybe we should be content with more than 30 visits.
You've already already experienced the hospital in Ar@ba.
Your doc said you were lucky to survive that experience.
Do you think we could manage a trip...even a week or so?
The connections out of Orlando are now awful.
You have to change in Fort Lauderdale. It double the down-time journey.
There's not enough time between flights coming back. We'll be stranded in South Florida.
Should we rent a car down there?
Should we just go to the resort and stay there?
If we go for a week, should we extend it a little to avoid Saturday at the airport?
Should we rent a car to get to Orlando?
Should we take a shuttle from Daytona to Orlando?
Can we pack light...for just 1 week - 10 nights?
And on and on...

That's not all of it, but the gist.
We usually make a decision by March.


Here are a few suggestions. How far are you from Ft. Lauderdale? I would book a non stop from there and drive there the day before and stay over in an airport hotel. This way you are rested and you don't have to deal with airport connections, also if you drive your own car the hotel may have a deal to keep it for free. Stay overnight on your return then drive home. I would stay at least 10 days, which will give you time to unwind and relax. IMHO Aruba has great restaurants so I would never do AI. We always rent a car but if you aren't comfortable driving there the taxis are reasonable. If you decide to go have a wonderful time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Maryanne and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group