All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Sunday morning
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:43 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. Sunny and chilly here this morning. I'm off to the gun range for 11 am for girls and guns Sunday. Tommy gave me an overview with different ones last night and again this morning. Then I'll stop off at a store on my way home to stock the house with snacks for our dog sitter.

We'll do some packing later and I'll pay bills for the next two weeks. I also have to bottle up the coffee liqueur I'm making and pack a bottle for fun morning coffees on vacation.

Oh and our dryer broke yesterday on the last load of laundry. :evil: Now we'll have to get that repaired before we leave.

Laura, what a nice thing to do for your brother. I hope Regina is responding to her treatments and isn't too uncomfortable.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by beachgirl612 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:51 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. Getting colorful out there. Wishing everyone in need well wishes and speedy recoveries. Prayers coming your way.

Have a good one all!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning and Happy Sunday all!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hello everyone!
Prayers for Evert & everyone.

Wishing you all a pleasant Sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:32 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Heading to church in person for the first time in forever! We had to make reservations. Tennis match right after church. Still sore, but not too bad. Lost our match yesterday but felt ok on the court, so I take that as a win.
Ingrid, praying Evert stays Covid free and can go home with you tomorrow!
Laura, praying for your SIL.
Wishing everyone a great day. Prayers for those in need.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:34 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
52 partly sunny degrees.
We had the telecope out last night looking at Mars. Cap'n would of gotten some cool pics, us not so much
:wink:

Praying tomorrow is the day Evert goes home!

Have a nice day ALL~

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:31 am 
Prolific

Good morning!

Watching YouTube Live church as we speak. Kentucky completed the sweep!! What a great weekend. Refused to wear anything orange until today, because I have to support my Bengals...even if we don't win again until hell freezes over while the ice caps float.

Laura, I met Brett Bearup a few times. I didn't know him well. It's interesting that you knew his father. Sad that he passed away at 56. That's simply too soon. P.S. I want to say how cool I think it is that you are supporting your brother as he supports his wife.

Tom, I was rooting for your Bulldogs last night. I like Georgia. One of my best friends is an alumnus. I've disliked Alabama for a while, but even more since they swooped in and (in my opinion) illegally stole Mac Jones's commitment from Kentucky. And of course, the SOB threw for 2 million yards and 155 touchdowns last night. That 2nd half was just brutal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:49 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! Got alot of trimming work done around the estate this morn, and now heading for shower.
Kristin, hope you and the girls do good at the range. My best of hope for all beset with ailing and issues.
For those giving updates on swampers, a big thank you. Hope for all, a great Sunday!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:51 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Afternoon!
Morning set of exercises done......house cleaned, laundry done and made a pot of Beans N Greens! All ready for the Steeler game in a few! I told Jim I am looking forward to surgery to rest up some! :lol:
Karen, she sounds great when we talked to her and said she feels good....it's very hard when you cannot visit with her. Thanks for asking!! :)
Have a great Sunday everyone!
GO "STEEERS"!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon. Went to bed at 2 a.m. and up at 12:10 this afternoon. I love sleeping! Started pressure washing the patio yesterday, lots more to go, and I'll get back to it today if my back holds out. Today is my half Birthday. Starting tomorrow I'll be closer to 74 than 73....

Don,
As for sports. I don't pay near as much attention to them as I used to. I was a big NASCAR fan, but they messed it up and
I haven't watched a race in years. Don't watch NFL, but happy when Bears or Lions win. Watched the ATL Braves lots 1995-2000, but now pull for the Cubs and Nationals, but don't watch or listen. I've had no use for basketball at any level since they allowed it to become a contact sport. As for college football, I watch a few games and several bowls. My #1 team is Michigan State, #2 is Tennessee. Because of family I'm required to be a Notre Dame and Georgia fan... And I love any team that beats Bama, Auburn, Florida, Ohio State, and Michgan.

I wish they'd bring back bowling and billiards on TV..... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:16 pm 
Prolific

Cap'n Tom wrote:
My #1 team is Michigan State, #2 is Tennessee. Because of family I'm required to be a Notre Dame and Georgia fan... And I love any team that beats Bama, Auburn, Florida, Ohio State, and Michgan.

You're almost tempting me to apologize for the vitriol I feel for your #2 team. Because I like you. But, nah. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shelndon wrote:
Cap'n Tom wrote:
My #1 team is Michigan State, #2 is Tennessee. Because of family I'm required to be a Notre Dame and Georgia fan... And I love any team that beats Bama, Auburn, Florida, Ohio State, and Michgan.

You're almost tempting me to apologize for the vitriol I feel for your #2 team. Because I like you. But, nah. :lol: :lol:

During the Tennessee Coach Johnny Majors years I lived 35 miles from Knoxville and my then wife was a UT grad and her father a large donor, who got 2 seats on the 50 and 2 box seats for every home game. I became a fan, and my 1st keraoke was singing "Rocky Top." Our seats were so good, at one game I had to ask governor Lamar Alexander to stand up to let me out to get a hot dog.

Personally I graduated from Michigan Tech in 1969, where hockey was king. I shared classes with Tony Esposito(Phil's brother), who went on the become the Backhawks Hall of Fame goalie. I also worked at a gas station with Bruce Riutta. Bruce competed at the 1968 Winter Olympics and he was also a member of the U.S. national team at the 1969, 1970 and 1971 ice hockey world championship tournaments.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thank you all for your continued prayers and thoughts for Regina. No change either way for her, still too weak to do anything. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Afternoon. We are back from a nice long walk with temps in the low 60'sF. That's a big improvement from this morning's low of 36°F. We had online church this morning and offered prayers for all those needing them.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD