All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Saturday Wakeup
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Ths sun finally came out and it looks nice outside but the thermometer is reading 49°F. It will be chilly walking today for sure. The last load of laundry is in the dryer so it should be finished by lunchtime. I'll have some lunch and figure out what I need to wear for my walk. I'm sure it won't include shorts.
Prayers for all those in need.
Have a great Saturday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:52 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

sunflower wrote:
Good morning! Pat, how do you sleep for 10 hrs? I have a friend that does too. I can't seem to sleep past 5 or 6 hrs in recent years.

Anniversary party for the uptown bar today. It's going to be a nice temp but the wind is going to blow.

Carolina, I hope your head is better today.

Linda, that recipe looks fantastic!

I never do Tara and was shocked. I am sleeping better not having to get up early for work anymore. I’m usually good for about 6-7 hours.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 pm 
Prolific

Happy weekend, Swamp!

Tara, I slept 7.5 hours last night, and it was the longest I've slept in over 3 months. I am also usually around 5 - 6 hours.

Announced my first swimming and diving meet yesterday at UK. We swam against Vanderbilt. Either we're really good or they're really bad! We won 195-75. Then I called the volleyball match vs Tennessee last night, we swept them 3-0 (25-15, 25-16, 25-15). In just a few minutes, we'll take on Tennessee in football. Our luck against them is not great, but I'm hoping for a win. I don't announce for football (yet LOL), but I'll be watching. Tonight, we wrap up the volleyball weekend against the Volunteers again. And again, I'm hoping for a weekend sweep! Cats=good guys, Vols=bad guys!

Got up this morning and cooked a big breakfast of sausage, eggs, taters, & toast.

Have a good day, y'all! And GO BIG BLUE!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning, but I think by the time I push enter it will be afternoon!

54sunny degrees nice walking weather.

When I got up this morning my facebook messenger was screaming, seems my phone sent out a group call around 1am. I did not do it. Larry said he found the cell phone on the flooor when he got up, the cord was hanging from the counter not attached, could it of sent out a group call when the phone hit the floor, so wierd. Anyways nothing important to do today, little house work, lots of lazn' around.

Congrats Kristin on 9 years smoke free!!!

Have a nice day ALL~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:36 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
Cap’n why are you shipping Elaine’s car to TN?

Good afternoon! Elaine's sister is having her knee replaced November 2nd. Elaine is going to be staying with her, possibly thru New Years. Elaine is short and cannot see to drive out of her sisters big Ford Expedition. If fact she can't see over the hood of my 2013 RAV4.... Her 2000 RAV4 "fits." It was 1st generation, before they started making them larger. But with 150k miles and on it's 2nd engine, it's not up to the 200 mile trip at Interstate speeds. It works great for around town errands as long as you keep checking the coolant level. Because of it's age and value (prob $1000 or less) we won't be bringing it home. Elaine plans to give it to her son in NC, if he can come and get it somehow. Either that or just sell it. We are planning a new vehicle in December after out house refi closes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Afternoon!
Had another test this morning....(heart)...my doctor just wants to make sure everything is fine before surgery.....these test are getting real old.
Cleaned the house.....most of it....bottom two levels tomorrow.
Have a nice rest of the afternoon!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:15 pm 
Prolific

Well, the Wildcats beat the Volunteers pretty soundly in football! First win on Tennessee's home field since 1984!! All we need is for volleyball to play well tonight to complete the sweep. What a great weekend!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:46 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shelndon wrote:
Well, the Wildcats beat the Volunteers pretty soundly in football! First win on Tennessee's home field since 1984!! All we need is for volleyball to play well tonight to complete the sweep. What a great weekend!!

I got into the Wildcats basketball many years ago when a co-worker's son was on the team...Bret Bearup - sadly he passed away at a fairly young age.