All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: TGIF
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

dars, that is some really quick medical staff. just like here, NOT!

Good~Morning!
Rainy and crappy out there!
Already did my morning set of exercises.......Doctor appointment this morning......physical before surgery.
Yes, Judi, I love Excela Health I go to.....minutes away from home. Get blood work, X~rays, Mammograms, Pap Smears, Coloscopies, therapy and more there.....they are well organized! :D Sorry your place is not like that. :(
Glad Evert is doing well.....his shower had to feel so good!
Karen, I like to get one more washing of our vehicles here too before the really cold weather.
Have a happy day everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:34 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning!

Ingrid, all good news regarding Evert. :D

My sisters and I are breaking Mom out of her ALF today to have lunch at my sister's house who lives in that area. She's requested pizza and salad, so that's what lunch will be.

Have a splendid day friends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! It 10 degrees warmer than the forecasters said it would be--good! I thought I was going to have to turn on the furnace. Today I put together the shelving unit I was going to do yesterday. My friend called wanting to celebrate closing on the sale of her house so I didn't get anything done.

Dars, I was thinking the same of Evert--had to feel so good to get that shower.

Kristin, those are fantastic looking charcuterie boards!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all.

We had some rain overnight, it was so nice to sleep with a window open listening to it :D

Ingrid so happy to hear Evert is doing well, keeping everything crossed that he does finally get to go home Monday.

My friend who’s mother died a week ago has decided not to travel to UK for the funeral, with the increase in Covid cases & all the restrictions she decided that was the best thing. Her family will Skype her in. :(

Have a good one

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I forgot to mention.....we got a call yesterday from the Nursing Home MIL is in near us.....she tested positive for Covid......one employee contacted it and spread it to a total of 18.....four staff members. They were doing so well too. We talked to her last night, she said she feels good and she sounded great! Just want this all to be over with!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:17 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. We have some rain coming later today so I better get outside early for a walk. Very glad to hear that Evert might be home soon.
Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:32 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! Another great fall day. Expecting 86° later. The big decision is what's dinner gonna be. I'll do
2 flight modules, then schedule's open. Thinking positive for those beset by health issues and wishing a TGIF
to suit everyone!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Got Lilly off to school then went back to bed....yesterday during my tennis match, I got my feet tangled up and fell straight backward and hit the top back crown of my head with a gross thunk on the hard tennis court. Scared the $#%@ out of me, my partner and the opponents. I came home, showered and rested all afternoon, no sleeping just in case of concussion and had an old timey ice pack with the screw on lid on it all afternoon and evening. Today, I still have a headache in the back top and front forehead (where my brain probably smacked my skull!) and am sore all over, like I've been in a car wreck. Taking it easy again today.
Ingrid, so glad to hear such positive update on Evert! I bet that shower felt great!
Dars, so sorry to hear about you MIL, praying she stays well.
Kristin, your charcuterie boards look amazing!
Linda, have a wonderful sissy/mom lunch!
Have a great day my friends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 am 
Prolific

Mornin' Chimps!

Cleaning up some paperwork this morning. Was a very chilly 37 degrees when I woke.

This afternoon, I'm announcing my first swim meet. I've never done swimming and diving before so I'm a little nervous about it. Plus, UK students represent more than 60% of Lexington's COVID-19 cases since the semester started. Basically, I'm going to be in an enclosed structure, most of which is filled by moisture, with kids who are being socially irresponsible (I know I would be if I were them...it's freaking college!), for about 2 hours...so...I'm a little nervous about visiting the petri dish too! Luckily, it's only women, there's no diving, and there's only 1 other school.

Tonight, VOLLEYBALL SEASON BEGINS!!! Our #3 ranked Kentucky Wildcats take on the ugly orange Tennessee Volunteers at 7. We play again tomorrow night...weird scheduling in the SEC. They've split the schedule into 5-6 weeks in the fall and 6-8 weeks in the spring. Each team will play each other team in the division twice in the same weekend over those weeks. Weird. There will be passes given to players and coaches not to exceed 150 people in attendance, so that will be weird. How do you hype up 150 people without sounding like an idiot in the background on national TV?

Anyway, Kentucky also has Tennessee in football tomorrow at noon. I hope we have a full on sweep! I don't like the Vols much...not as much as I don't like the Louisville Cardinals or the Florida Gators...but close!

Carolina, I've done that before after slipping on ice. Very painful! One thing that concerns me is that your headache is in a different spot from where the injury occurred. With it being Friday, you may want to have it looked at just to be safe. But that's just me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning... good news on Everet. Beautiful boards, Kristin. I agree with Don, Carolina.... have that checked out.

I broke down and got a house cleaner in this morning. Bt inlaws here for 2.5 weeks and hand surgery (left on 10/1, right is next week), I needed some help. Mike comes home this afternoon, then a cabinet appointment.

Enjoy your day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
It a damp 47 degrees kinda day.
Yesterday I went with my sisters and sister-inlaw to Glens Falls. It was a beautiful day, we climbed the falls and walked the old cemetary, stopped at a winery for a tasting and lunch, A fun day!

Good news on Evert, now work on getting stronger Evert, you'll be home soon!
Ouch on the fall Carolina.

Have a nice day ALL~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Have a good Friday everyone. Pharmacy and P.O. on the agenda.

JohnT wrote:
I'm reviewing the 25th book by the Florida-centric author, Randy Wayne White called "Caribbean Rim".
I think a pattern has been set. I just have to confirm it.

Good afternoon all. I've read White's 1st and 3rd novels and have his 2nd, "The Heat Islands" on hand. I can relate quite a bit to White after having operated 2 Charter Boats in Florida and also working on the Scientific Crew of a National Marine Fisheries cruise in the Gulf. His relationships with women also seems a bit familiar.. ;-) White is now the 4th Florida author I follow. The others are Tim Dorsey, Carl Hiaasen, and my friend from St Augustine, Rainy Kirkland. You should check out Rainy's 3 novel series about the old boarding house in St. Augustine, "The Old City Mysteries."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Carolina...head injuries are serious....get checked please!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:25 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:

I agree!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:28 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
ann wrote:

I agree!!

me too! feel better soon!