Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Hump Day HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Post subject: Re: Hump Day HH
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Where is everyone? We are watching the home run derby! :shock: More like a football score and only the 3rd inning.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks for the chuckle Pat! :D He had pasta and red sauce with clams. I had ice water. Lunch at the beach ( barbecue) with white....not hungry for dinner but I have enough space left for a chocolate ice cream cone :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I like the panic room Pat. Red wine tonight. I made shrimp scampi, George made rice pilaf and Green Giant made the Cauliflower with cheese sauce. Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:18 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good evening. I ate late this afternoon so tonight around 6:00 I had some celery with cream cheese. I am in with a rum and coke. Pat, thanks for the laughs. I appreciated that post.

I read three books today. I did! The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and I Can Read with My Eyes Shut all by the wonderful Dr. Seuss. The only one I remember reading as a kid is The Cat in the Hat. (These are Christmas gifts for my 7-year old great niece.) I still have to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

I went to Lowe's today to buy some paint for one living room wall and one dining room wall. I am making good use of my "stay-at-home" time. The big task is having hardwood floors installed in two bedrooms. I have been saying this for at least 5 years. The rest of the condo has been done. Time to get with the program. Sometimes I need some prodding.

I hope everyone had a good day. Later.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:26 pm 
Prolific

Sheltina made a fantastic vegetable soup, and I made some baked fried green tomatoes to go with it. Flour, buttermilk infused with Old Bay, and crushed cornflakes cooked at 400 for 20 minutes.

Currently drinking an Iron Maiden Trooper. Will be having a New Belgium Atomic Pumpkin in a few...y'all this beer is SOOOO good! I'm not really into "pepper" beers, but the way the peppers in this beer blend with the pumpkin spice....it's fantastic!! But VERY spicy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:33 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

cmc wrote:
Good evening. I ate late this afternoon so tonight around 6:00 I had some celery with cream cheese. I am in with a rum and coke. Pat, thanks for the laughs. I appreciated that post.

I read three books today. I did! The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, and I Can Read with My Eyes Shut all by the wonderful Dr. Seuss. The only one I remember reading as a kid is The Cat in the Hat. (These are Christmas gifts for my 7-year old great niece.) I still have to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

I went to Lowe's today to buy some paint for one living room wall and one dining room wall. I am making good use of my "stay-at-home" time. The big task is having hardwood floors installed in two bedrooms. I have been saying this for at least 5 years. The rest of the condo has been done. Time to get with the program. Sometimes I need some prodding.

I hope everyone had a good day. Later.

I always loved how the snow cleanup went in The Cat in the Hat. Do I have the right book? I really wished it was that easy. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:43 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
cmc wrote:

I always loved how the snow cleanup went in The Cat in the Hat. Do I have the right book? I really wished it was that easy. :lol:

It was a house cleanup before mother got home. The Cat in the Hat made quite a mess.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Nice day so did burgers on the grill and had french fries and applesauce. Love these easy dinners.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:03 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

cmc wrote:
Pat7 wrote:
cmc wrote:

It was a house cleanup before mother got home. The Cat in the Hat made quite a mess.

I had to google :oops: and it’s The Cat in the Hat Comes Back!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:07 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I loved anything Dr. Seuss, but I think he was more popular after my childhood years.

Have you ever heard about "The Boxcar Children"? I did not. It's a series of young kids books by Gertrude Chandler Warner.
I guess she wrote 19 books in her life. Others wrote many more "in her style".
At my little paid employment, we are trying to make some of them available for the blind and print disabled...changing a commercial recording to a format that can be distributed in an accessible format through the state and national system.

Back to topic at hand. The chef concocted a sauce of tomatoes, tomato sauce, fresh basil, dry spices, 2 kinds of squash...with fish added. Milk with dinner.

I bought a bottle of Sprite Zero Sugar on the way. Now at 9 PM Eastern time, it will be vodka-flavored.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Made 4+ quarts of my Famous Bean Soup today, had a bowl for lunch. Had leftover pizza tonight. Started HH with my last Stella (for now)