Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: Hump Day
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning everyone!
Did one set of exercises yesterday.....wow, how sore it made me.....2 sets today and every day until surgery.
Good Luck with your Doctors appointment Judi!!!
Best wishes to Kenny, Linda....HUGS!!
Have a nice Wednesday!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:18 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all, don’t think we will make it out of the 60’s today.

Have a vendor zoom meeting tonight after dinner to talk about the winter market, we still go but it’s chilly & we take our Buddy propane heaters.

Ingrid, good to hear they have Evert switched over & he is doing okay with it, hope he is home soon.
Judi, good luck with the PS
Linda, glad you have an appointment for Kenny & you can be there too so the Dr hears the true story!

Have a good one

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! More helping a friend move today. She wants to be out by tomorrow. I hope she doesn't have much left over there but I'm skeptical. I'm getting burned out on this and so is she. I don't think she realized how much stuff she had.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:38 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. We have bright sunshine today and temps should get well up in the 60'sF this afternoon. It should be very nice for a walk outside. I should probably mow the lawn while its still damp from yesterday's rain.
Thoughts and prayers for those dealing with medical issues today.
Have a happy hump day everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:57 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning Everyone!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

So weird! I checked in early this morning after taking Lilly to school...must have missed that someone posted after me and had to re-post! Back from Kiawah late last night.
Ingrid, glad Evert is on the new meds, hope he gets to go home soon!
Teri looked like she had the best time yesterday with her grandson, pics were awesome!
Back to full time face to face school today, yippee! Lots to do, grocery shopping, laundry, errands, work and work out.
Wishing everyone a great day!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:52 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning!
Sometime the sun is so bright than just like that grey sky, going to chance a walk the local radar dose not show rain. Temp not bad at 55 degrees.

Hope Evert had a good night/day on the new meds and will be home soon!!
Cap'n hope you had a fully restfull night and are up and about today, prayers for a clean biopsy results.

Have a nice day ALL~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon. Sunny 65° at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:44 pm 
Prolific

Good morning all!

Sorry I've been persona non grata for a bit. I was working hard on my biggest client's estate. He passed from COVID in August, and we've been dealing with getting payments from insurance, executing his trusts and estate taxes, getting assets transferred to his widow, etc. He was only 68.

I'm gonna do a little humble bragging here: because of the work we did together, his widow has long term care for the rest of her life if she needs it, has all 3 houses paid off, and is replacing almost 100% of his income for the next 10 years. Also, both of his adult children have supplemental income for the next 10 years, and all 3 of his grandchildren have their future college education paid for. He left an endowment for his church that will allow them to continue their weekly soup kitchen at no cost for the next several years. He also left a lump sum to God's Pantry, the Alzheimer's Association, and his alma mater. He stuck to the plan and it paid off! A huge bright spot for an otherwise very dark time for his family. (Plus, as an added bonus, both of his kids became my clients too!)

And, here's a cool thing that happened that had nothing to do with me (although I did recommend he revisit his will last year): He willed 3 of his "tinkering cars" (a Model T, a '63 Corvette, and a Plymouth Prowler) to the owner of his favorite bar, along with a $500 tip for each employee and enough extra to have a huge "wake party" there after his funeral. I don't know how that worked out with COVID protocols, but cool nonetheless. I'm told the Model T is being used as a decoration inside the bar.

Other than that, and dealing with #1 failing history and Spanish, and #2 failing physics and English, I've not been busy at all! HAHAHAHA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good evening. Don, that must have been a heck of a plan you made up for your client!

Well, we had a very stressful day today. Some mistakes were made at the hospital, Evert was under great stress and pain because they screwed up the infusion and got the bad rhythm disorders this morning when thet unsuccesfully tried to get a new ine in (they tried for 1,5 hour), didn’t want a new infusion put in his very sore and much tortured arms, they upped the medicines but there was talk of an ablation tomorrow, finally got a new infusion in his arm this afternoon when I was there (after three painful failures) and then the cardiologist came by. He told us they had Everts heart details in the large screen when they did put the infusion in this afternoon and were happy that this time there were no rhythm disorders at all. So they will not perform the ablation tomorrow, but give the medicines the chance to do their work. We were very relieved. They are working hard, making sure there will be a constant stream of these meds to come to the Netherlands so Evert can use them. He told is they are awaiting a shipment from Canada. It seems Evert has unique medicines. Well only the best for the love of my life! Hope tonight and tomorrow are less eventful!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:41 pm 
Prolific

Ingrid,

I'm terribly sorry you're going through this. I just sent up a prayer for you and Evert again.

And, by the way, I also said a little "Thank you, Lord" because many people go through life and never have someone that loves them as much as you clearly love Evert. Even people that have been married for years. You are a shimmering beacon of love and that is a welcome distraction from the darkness of the world in general, and 2020 in particular! Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:31 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

shelndon....fabulous package you put together for your client and his family....just sorry it became necessary to see the results so soon. Continued prayers for our Monkey teens....may they and their families have smooth sailing real soon.
Ingrid, this all has been quite a process....wishes for smooth sailing for Evert also. Glad the docs have a plan for the meds needed. Hugs to you and Evert!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:21 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

dutchdushi wrote:
Good evening. Don, that must have been a heck of a plan you made up for your client!

Well, we had a very stressful day today. Some mistakes were made at the hospital, Evert was under great stress and pain because they screwed up the infusion and got the bad rhythm disorders this morning when thet unsuccesfully tried to get a new ine in (they tried for 1,5 hour), didn’t want a new infusion put in his very sore and much tortured arms, they upped the medicines but there was talk of an ablation tomorrow, finally got a new infusion in his arm this afternoon when I was there (after three painful failures) and then the cardiologist came by. He told us they had Everts heart details in the large screen when they did put the infusion in this afternoon and were happy that this time there were no rhythm disorders at all. So they will not perform the ablation tomorrow, but give the medicines the chance to do their work. We were very relieved. They are working hard, making sure there will be a constant stream of these meds to come to the Netherlands so Evert can use them. He told is they are awaiting a shipment from Canada. It seems Evert has unique medicines. Well only the best for the love of my life! Hope tonight and tomorrow are less eventful!

I am sorry for the pain and stress both of you are going through. My oldest sister who is 75 and has run many marathons was diagnosed with a-fib. I'm not sure how long she has been dealing with it but over the last year she has been in a-fib most of the time. She went for an ablasion about a month ago and have been feeling great since then. She said it was easier to pinpoint which part of the heart was involved because she was in a-fib most of the time they were studying her heart. I'm sure all cases are different and hoping they can figure out the solution to his problem soon. PS she also had a hip replacement the day before last Thanksgiving and make a remarkable recovery.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ingrid, sending hugs to you both. Nice job Don!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sorry that today was a bad day for Evert and you. Prayers that things turn around and there are much better days ahead