All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Friday HH and Supper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers, been busy doing a ‘company clean’ which is different from a weekly clean, I can hear Dars gasp :lol: Sampling the vodka and oj to make sure it’s good :wink: for mom’s Harvey Wallbanger if she is so inclined on Sunday. Found some leftovers in the fridge for a little later.

Post subject: Re: Friday HH and Supper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen, we have leftovers here if you need some :wink: Burger and fries (a fav) for lunch with a glass of pinot over ice (JohnT :D ). I might have a salad, he will have either doneover tofu coconut curry or doneover crab cakes. Have a good evening friends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks Ann, I wonder if Harvey Wallbanger is even politically correct anymore :? :lol: on so many levels :shock: :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Thanks Ann, I wonder if Harvey Wallbanger is even politically correct anymore :? :lol: on so many levels :shock: :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Homemade minestrone soup for us here tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:01 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

karen1 wrote:
Cheers, been busy doing a ‘company clean’ which is different from a weekly clean, I can hear Dars gasp :lol: Sampling the vodka and oj to make sure it’s good :wink: for mom’s Harvey Wallbanger if she is so inclined on Sunday. Found some leftovers in the fridge for a little later.

Oh my head!! I used to drink Harvey Hallbangers back in the day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

I just got home from Meijer a little bit ago. They had boneless strip steaks on sale for 8.99/lb. I'm throwing one of those on the grill w/some zucchini and red onion in a foil pouch. Pepper and tomato salad and garlic bread too. I'll have liver pollutant of some sort while tending to the grill.

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen I think Dars would sit down and cry if she came to my house! :lol: It really needs a deep company clean. Tomorrow's the day since we're expecting 30 knot winds, so no boat. :evil: And have you ever tasted a Harvey Wallbanger?? Galliano is not for me! It tastes like black licorice and you float it over a screwdriver. I remember making those at weddings when I was a bartender at a country club in college.

We picked up the bag of 50 oysters, dozen little necks necks and a quart of chowder. They opened up a couple sample oysters for us while we were there and they were amazing. It's a great spot right on the water near our marina and we'll definitely go back. Dinner is a homemade fish cake and a couple oysters for me, chowder, oysters and a venison burger for Tommy. We're on the porch having a drink before dinner. Cheers to the weekend!

...and the coyotes just started in the woods across the street. Levi is barking like a maniac! Time to go in.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:30 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We ordered out Pizza, Larry went into town to pick up, Dr Pepper to drink~ ( i like soda with pizza) :wink:

Harvey Wallbangers, now that's a blast from the past. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ardy. wrote:
We ordered out Pizza, Larry went into town to pick up, Dr Pepper to drink~ ( i like soda with pizza) :wink:

It sure is a blast from the past (I liked the looks of the bottle of Galliano....think I finally threw it out after about 20 years and no it was not empty :lol: !! ) Remember Sloe Gin Fizz :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:52 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

What I remember is freezing Harvey Wallbangers. DH's Aunt came over and I offered her a taste (and explained it was alcohol) She loved it. And asked for more.......until she was totally drunk under a tree. It was quite hilarious. What an awesome memory!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:54 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

We heated up a Mediterranean veggie pizza and I made vegetable soup to share with my parents before leaving tomorrow. Ken is shooting (photos) the HS football game tonight. Lilly and I went to the amazing cookie place near us Crumbl....if you have one, stay away...they are too good! They change flavors every week and right now one of the specials is a Chilled Twix.....a lovely shortbread with a good bit of caramel and chocolate on top. Delicious! Just chilling tonight with Lilly, not willing to sit in the rain for a game my kid is not playing in :lol:

** I totally forgot.....I checked again on our Costa Rica trip and as of next Thursday.....We are allowed to go! So that means 42 til we go to Costa Rica! I hope.....3rd time is the charm!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

i just had some soup. not a good day here, holding back but i really just want/need a good cry. i know it wont really help, maybe i need harvey :lol:

i did make the appt for my covid test on the 23rd, wish it was tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Not sure how long it has been since I (we) had a Harvey Wallbanger. A number of years ago. Our neighbor/friend would always ask if we sailed into a port that had duty-free Galliano...would we bring her back a bottle? Then she would serve us a Wallbanger when we went to her home. Her taste changed and she would ask for some Hennessy cognac. Not served as frequently.

Before I left today, the chef asked if I would like tuna noodle casserole or mac & cheese. I chose the former. She hid green beans in it. Now we have more leftovers. Milk with dinner.

Now I'm contemplating my later evening libation. I think it is going to be some fruity seltzer with vodka over ice.

No rain during daylight hours, but a short blast just came in.
Sorry again Linda...for your difficulties. I hope you will have a worry-free vacation.
Pleasant dreams, friends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ann wrote:
ardy. wrote:

It sure is a blast from the past (I liked the looks of the bottle of Galliano....think I finally threw it out after about 20 years and no it was not empty :lol: !! ) Remember Sloe Gin Fizz :wink:

Slow Gin Fizz...... my first fancy drink! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:49 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! In with a gin & tonic. I think the rain that started at 2:00 has stopped. I had pepperjack sausage w/kraut side of last of my gorgonzola tater salad for late lunch about 5:00. I plan a couple White Castle jalapeno/cheese sliders and a piece of spanakopita for supper in about 30-45 minutes. Oh, and a few Ore-Ida tater tots... Our absentee ballots were received and accepted today at the county elections office. Our votes are in!