PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning all !
Deb.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:15 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Morning!
Your nose is healing nicely Judi!
I'm a bit nervous this morning......I see the surgeon this afternoon about my hips. Left one needs surgery first. My biggest fear is that it pops out. I am a very fidgety person and the first 3 months it can happen while healing. They say the pain is horrible if that happens. Oh how I wish I could get out of this. Help!!! :(
Sending you prayers and hugs Ingrid!
Enjoy your Thursday Monkeys!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:45 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning Everyone! Continued prayer offerings for those beset by health and healing issues. House cleaning
goes on, however, should be finished by tomorrow. Then what's next? May a great day be had!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:21 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. We had a short wind storm last night that spared us any problems but lots of homes in the area lost power with trees knocking out power lines. The sun is shining this morning but it will stay cool with low 60'sF as high temps. I'm heading to Costco this morning and I'll walk outside with a sweatshirt later after lunch.
Positive thoughts and prayers for Ingrid, Evert, Dick and Judi.
Have a great Thursday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:23 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning. We dodged a bullet with the storm that came through yesterday after work. We had wicked winds and a bit of rain for about a half hour around 6:30 pm, the lights blinked a few times, but didn't lose power. We have underground utilities in our neighborhood, but of course there are trees outside our neighborhood that affect the feed to us. A guy I work with that lives in our town had a tree come down on power lines right next to his house and caught the lines and asphalt on fire - still doesn't have power. Also a park near us is closed due to trees down. I guess we should take a trip to the marina to make sure the boat's ok.

I decorated for fall...pumpkins, gourds and cornstalks already, but my annuals are still blooming so they're all still out on our porch in pots.

Looking good, Judi. Oh Ingrid, I'm hoping the doctors get Evert on the right path soon. Dars, I've heard hip surgery is one of the quickest and least painless joint operations. If my mom could do it - and she was the biggest baby ever!! - I have faith in you. I was shocked that she was up and walking hours after surgery and she said both operations were the best things she could've ever done.

Work and groceries today. I need to restock at the liquor store also.

Enjoy the day everyone.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! Looking good Judi! As to the gastro doc :shock: no excuse! I was in PriceSmart 10 days ago and the Christmas stuff was out but I didn't have the heart to tell you! :lol: Ingrid this is a long process for you and Evert but it is good that these episodes are happening while he is in the hospital..May the guru have the solution!!
Dars, you will be fine!! You probably shouldn't take part in a hula hoop contest right away but the 'stuff' they use for new hips is very strong.
As I shared with you ...do the therapy (with a licensed PT person) and you will feel sooooo much better!
Teri....hope you see the green checkmark soon!
I will make a grocery store run and also clean up some at home paperwork today. Have a good day friends and stay safe!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:33 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning. Looking good Judi. That's a great picture Linda. Thanks for posting. I saw Xmas decorations in Lowe's about 2 weeks ago (September). With all this time on my hands, I have started Xmas shopping online. Delivery times are much longer these days.

Ingrid, hang in there. I hope Evert will be home soon. Is he able to get up and walk a bit while hospitalized? Getting any mild exercise in?

Dars, you will come through the hip operation with flying colors. My nephew had a hip replaced in February. He couldn't tolerate the pain after several years of enduring it. He is doing wonderful and was back to performing his job pain free in a few months after the operation. He is now allowed to lift leg weights again. He said following doctor's orders and follow-up PT were key for him. He's thrilled with the outcome. Wishing you the best.

Another bright sunny day out there. We have a little wind left over from last night's storm. Take care everyone. Enjoy your day.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:27 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good afternoon all!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:37 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Late Check in!
Good afternoon peeps!
Ingrid, I am so sorry to hear Evert had another episode. I pray the Dr is able to get them under control with the new meds and he can go home with you soon.
Judi, the nose is healing so much better.
Dars, you will do great with your surgery. My friend just had her hip done during Covid and we walked 4.5 miles the other day. She is doing so well and you will too!
Lilly is school today and cheering tonight....it is like vacation in the house, Ken is at PT....ahhhhh, house to myself! Need to get some work done and not much else.
Have a great day, friends.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat7 wrote:
Ronnie, I think Karen means her, Mom & brother being the three and not breaking Covid rules. :wink:

Yup

Just think how good you are going to feel Dars, PT afterwards seems to be the key.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:24 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Thanks Ann, Clair & Carolina for the encouraging words!! :D
Over 450,000 hips replacements are done every year! :shock:
My doctor told me yesterday he has done a thousand. He is 59 and has 34 years experience......so that makes me feel better!! :D