All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: TGIF HH and Supper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:09 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Looks like lots going on in the swamp after just reading the morning posts. Although there was a lack of sun today, it was warm to spend the day outside. :D Picked up a 7day read at the library this morning that will keep me busy.....for 7 days, although they have canned the late fees since Covid :wink: . Cheers with some red. Not sure what's for din din....back to my book... Enjoy your weekend; good luck Patti!

Post subject: Re: TGIF HH and Supper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm 
Prolific

We're ordering pizza for dinner. Don't really like Papa John's (even though it is based in Louisville), but I'm kinda curious about those Papadias. So, I'm gonna get one of those. Currently in with a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel-aged Pumpkin Ale from Alltech Brewing.

#1 and I are about to have a "sock matching & sorting, laundry washing drying folding hanging & putting away, and maybe work a little on cleaning the basement while watching a movie" party. He is 16 and THRILLED to be pulled away from his video game and online chat to hang out and work with his dad for a few hours. THRILLED! I tell you!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

work day is over, Kenny wants to go to the tiki bar and thats just fine with me!!!!! I had dom ask him about yesterday, saying that he heard all the yelling and is everything ok. Of course Kenny told him everything's good. Im sure he doesn't remember a thing, thats what really su*cks. will keep telling him he needs to see a dr, probably not much that can be done except give us piece of mind, whats left of mine anyway :lol: :lol: hey if you don't laugh you cry, happy for the good days :D

band starts at 6, looking forward to it!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:12 pm 
Prolific

lindaspooky wrote:
work day is over, Kenny wants to go to the tiki bar and thats just fine with me!!!!! I had dom ask him about yesterday, saying that he heard all the yelling and is everything ok. Of course Kenny told him everything's good. Im sure he doesn't remember a thing, thats what really su*cks. will keep telling him he needs to see a dr, probably not much that can be done except give us piece of mind, whats left of mine anyway :lol: :lol: hey if you don't laugh you cry, happy for the good days :D

band starts at 6, looking forward to it!

Linda, my dad suffered from Alzheimers. A former neighbor of mine shared with me the best advice I got about dealing with it. She told me, "It's OK to laugh. And you HAVE to. You feel guilty about it because you feel like you're belittling the shell of the former person you loved. But, they won't remember it so it's not cruel at all. It helps you. A lot! And chances are they'll end up laughing with you."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:11 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Checking this place out tonight. They just opened up on Monday.

https://thegreatgreekgrill.com/menu/

I got Melitzanosalata, Dolmades, and Lamb Souvlaki.

RIP Nina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:16 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Sorry Linda, I hope you can convince him to see a doctor to at least find out what's really happening. AH neighbor doing his thang, doing my best to try to ignore. We had some home made baked clams as an appetizer and I'm making pork chops, pilaf and salad for dinner. On gin and tonic number two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:32 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh Linda so sorry. You may have to stop asking him to see a doctor but rather make the appointment and have one of his children go with you. Tell Kenny he asked you to make the appointment . That allows him to maintain control and he knows he forgets some things :wink: . busy day here...Setar fixed our issues and the issues all o ur close neighbors were having. Further in may be no better...but I am not on the whatsap neighborhood news site :wink: Calls to customer service on other places we do business with....all very nice...hope the last one solves my problem :roll: Stuffed peppers for dinner with a side of rice and salad. Red for me! Have a good night friends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:45 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Great advice, Ann. Linda I'm sorry you're going through this with Kenny. I'm sure it's so frustrating and sad for you.

We're on the porch with cocktails and will eat in about an hour. I picked up a meatball sub for Tommy and a sciachatta for me (Prosciutto, Arugula, tomatoes, eggplant, mozzarella, pesto). It's their own triangular bread. Tommy will have half. I was there picking up subs for the 4 of us for the trip to Block tomorrow so I grabbed dinner while I was there.

This arrived for Levi today!

I saw it online and bought it about 6 weeks ago and totally forgot about it.

We're meeting at the marina at 5 am tomorrow so I'll eat in a little while and head to bed!! :lol: I'm hoping to get some great pictures, in addition to some big fish!

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by beachgirl612 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:56 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Linda, sorry for what's happening in yours and Kenny's lives. Ann has a good suggestion. Make the appointment and let him think it was his idea and definitely take one of his sons with you. Wishing you both the best.

Tonight it was done-overs from last night. In with a rum and coke now. Enjoy your evening everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:55 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Dinner at home. Made pork chops pizzaiola from recipe my sis sent. Complimented with pinot grigio.
Sitting out chat, as still nice with rums for me, white for her. Ahh! Florida life!

Last edited by CaribRJ on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:04 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Cheers! Wow it’s easy to forget how tiring a four year old can be. She’s in bed and we’re having a beer. We had pizza and salad for supper with birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. This is our oldest (almost 20) and youngest (just four). They are cousins with similar names - Kayleigh and Calleigh. Yes we screw it up sometimes and it’s worse when my side is also around with my nieces Katie and Kayla. :lol: :lol: Hugs Linda. My thoughts with Evert & Ingrid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Pat an adorable little one and a beautiful older one!! As to the series of names....yikes! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:13 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Ingrid, it's good to read that Evert's pain is less. Hopefully he can go home next week.

I had a veggie wrap for supper and beer at one bar--friend celebrating the sale of her house, moved into a condo. Then I went to the other bar for cranberry fizzes and watched some tv. It's a sad anniversary here--50th anniversary of the Wichita State University plane crash in Colorado that killed 31. One plane made it, the other did not. I was only a junior in high school at the time but I remember it.

https://apnews.com/article/college-foot ... c7d547449f

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:24 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Tara, here’s some cranberries for you. Picking season here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

(((Linda))) Ann, excellent advice for Linda.

"The kids" just left - Alyssa, Eric and little "S". It's Lyss and Eric's fifth wedding anniversary today. :D

David and I took a ride to Bristol, RI this afternoon and ate at one of our favorite restaurants down there, then walked around Colt State Park on the water. It was beautiful, but windy.

Ingrid, continued best wishes going to Evert and to you as well. I hope he's feeling much better and home with you very soon.