All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post subject: Re: TGIF
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning everyone. Working a few hours this AM and then heading out to get our granddaughter for the weekend. Mike's Mom and our oldest granddaughter are joining us for dinner. :D Thoughts and prayers to all those in need.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning all :)
Deb.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:03 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning. Temps will stay in the 60'sF today with a chance of showers this afternoon. I'll put on a sweatshirt and walk before lunchtime. I think it's time to remove the two small window airco units. The cooling season is over for this year.
Thoughts and prayers for those still healing.
Have a great Friday everyone and stay safe.

AUA #33 - TBD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:26 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Beachbumjudi wrote:
Good morning everyone. Rainy and cool here so slept in and skipped the gym.

Froggy Ingrid posted on yesterdays morning thread about Evert.

Linda Sorry that you are going thru this. Steve's sister has dementia and it is heartbreaking to watch someone you love suffer with it. She is in a care facility and we haven't seen her since March. Have talked to her on the phone and can tell that she has gotten a little worse. Restrictions were lifted at nursing homes starting today. Prayers headed your way.

Hope we get a good report from Ingrid today.

Judi hoping Dick and you get some answers today.

Have a good day everyone.

Thanks Judi, I'll check it out

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Praying for better news today on Evert Ingrid and a solution

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning! I'm going to mow the lawn for the last time and work on getting all the windows to open and close in the sunroom. It's an addition room so the windows are still there but not the porch light. I need to sand spackle and I don't want the dust going all over the rest of the house. I need to bake choc chip cookies but I will still have time for that in the morning. I bought a pint of vegan gumbo from the organic place. It sure is greasy for vegan. I just need to make all my own food.

Ingrid, you and Evert have to have a better day after yesterday.

Linda, I hope you have a better day with Kenny--that is too sad. My mother in law took Aricept for dementia. Does Kenny take anything?

Judi, apparently it's the same everywhere--waiting on a call from the dr office.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:48 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Morning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning and happy Friday!!! Just work here today. We're going with friends to fish near Block Island tomorrow. It should be a chilly ride at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but hopefully we'll see a beautiful sunrise. It's supposed to be a sunny day with minimal wind, so I'm really looking forward to it. We'll do our best to stay away from submarines! :wink: Our neighbor's daughter is babysitting our next door neighbor little girls tomorrow and she said she'd let Levi out for a bathroom break mid-day, so I feel better about not taking him with us.

I hope Ingrid checks in with positive news today and that Laura finds the escapee.

Enjoy the day all.

"Live in the sunshine, swim in the sea, drink the wild air." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:10 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Morning! We have been having terrible problems with our internet and at times the tv. Lost count of the phone calls....and lost my patience weeks ago!!! Last night it made dial up look speedy :evil: When Glenn called yesterday they said they would contact a supervisor....blah blah....waited...nothing! At 8:30AM today two trucks (yes Judi....two!!) and 3 (yes 3) supervisors show up. Found the problem outside...all seems well for now....but I ran outside to have them come in and check....we shall see. Still out there...our neighbor across the street caught them before they left. Anyhow....it is a laundry day and I need to make another grocery run. Good news is our dear friend who has been in US getting cancer treatment is cleared for take off :D and returns to the island tomorrow. I am making dinner for them and will leave it in their fridge...they are covid free (tested for flight) but never know who I have been in contact with at the store. Phew....I like 'boring' better :lol: Continued prayers for our patients and their medical staff! Stay safe friends!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:27 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Mornin' all!
My house looks like a craft fair bomb went off.
I've been wicked crafty busy.
Making a run to the bank for change today and ironing tablecloths to
wrap things up for tomorrow.

Hope to see Ardell tomorrow!!!
Happy Friday!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:19 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good morning all! Beautiful Full Moon last night, got a good handheld pic of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:14 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good~Afternoon!
Had a doctors appointment this morning for my hips....left one is full of arthritis and bone on bone.....time to decide what doctor I want to do my left hip replacement.....next year will be the right one, been putting it off....like who wants to go through this twice....have no choice now.....looking forward to feeling better.....at least half of me for now!! :lol:
A little cleaning today....thank God I have Jim to help me!!
Have a beautiful day everyone!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:29 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good Afternoon!
Misssd the morning, had to run to Syracuse first thing, walked, sister stopped by, yadda yadda yadda.
:)
Yes Patti I plan on stopping by tomorrow, will pray no rain!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day~

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:08 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Good evening. Judi, hope you get news of the ct scan. Linda, so sorry that you are facing this with Kenny. It must be hard for you. Dars, yikes, that does sound like a lot of pain. I am sure once you got the procedure you will be able to move around so much better.

Evert had another rough night. They put him on new medicines and together with the medicines through the infusion got his heart to calm down. Keeping our fingers crossed that when they take away the infusion and up the new medicines, they will do the trick. Also the pain is much less.

I want him out of the hospital asap, also because there are several COVID patients in the rooms around him. Since today all medical staff is wearing facemasks, as the patients when they leave their room and the visitors (we need to wear our masks all the time, also inside the room).

We heard today that an ablation is probably not a good option. The docters are afraid he will develop another rhythm disorder after that. So medicines together with the ICD need to work magic!