The Aruba Forums
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Having difficulty using this Board?
Click here for our Forum Support System
Forgot your password? Click Here

CHECK OUT OUR RECENTLY ENHANCED ARUBATOURISM.COM WEBSITE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update of Webmaster
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:58 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen, just hang in there and take it one minute at a time. With so many Swamp prayers, Richard is feeling the love.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:29 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

So happy you found a friend in your neighbour. Sorry about your tv, I just rented a cottage for a week and didn’t have tv cuz I couldn’t figure out the remotes. And it’s not the first time that has happened :lol: Hope you can get some clarification on Richards‘s health today and plan of action.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:23 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen I'm hoping today is a better day for you both and you can get some real answers!

Not knowing can be so fearful!

Hugs!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:25 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen, hoping Richard improves and praying for that to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:34 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Hi Karen, thinking of you today and so happy you made such a good connection with a neighbor who sounds like will become a newfound friend. Just having someone close by you can talk to and possibly lend a hand here and there will be such a relief for you as you navigate all of this. This pandemic has impacted every single thing we do to add to our frustration and inability to control our own lives. So sorry you have to deal with so much right now and pray things settle down and get better.

Not to sound sexist but I think a lot of us women can relate with the remote thing. Our living room TV is the one TV in the house that often throws me for a loop as it is definitely "different" from the others. We have a DVR but also a separate power amp of some kind through which the surround sound and other things go through. Press a wrong button and I am lost.....lol.

Glad you got it worked out to be able to use. The most I want to deal with remote wise is changing the batteries...lol.

Hope today is a better day. As stated we are here for you. If you want to PM me for my telephone # feel free to ask.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:04 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh, Karen...had no idea this was happening until just now. I am so sorry you and Richard are going through this. Praying for both of you and please reach out to us if we can be of any help or just an ear to listen.

Amy and Mike

South Beach: Jan. 2020
New Orleans: Feb. 2020
Playa del Carmen: March 2020
Oregon wine country/coast: July 2020
40th trip to Aruba: Nov. 2020

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:13 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Karen, I am so sorry to read about Richard.
Prayers he will recover quickly. Hang in there Karen.
Hugs for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

Oh Karen....I am so very sorry to have just read all of this.
Richard and you too are on my prayer list.....sorry you are going through this all....but never give up!
One day at a time.....know that we all care and prayers for the very best!
Hugs and Love to you Karen!
Take Care!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 am 
Extra Helpful Expert

I am just reading this now and I am so sorry for what you are going through Karen. Please know that I am praying for Richard and for you. I can’t even imagine how you must feel. Please continue to update and vent here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:28 pm 
Junior

Update on Richard:

I spoke with this different doctor again today and feel much better about things now. This doctor is suggesting some short term rehab for Richard whenever that happens. Someone is supposed to call me about this but so far nothing. Maybe something will happen tomorrow, Monday. I spoke with Richard again this afternoon, and he still does recognize my voice now and sounds somewhat better but still does not want to talk much. But still has that stroke like slur in his voice. I don't know what will happen once they discharge him from rehab, because I don't know how I am going to handle him. But I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Anyways, I really appreciate all of you guys on this board and for all your prayers as well. It's really helping me to relax somewhat. I also went to church this morning, second week in a row after some twenty years being away from the church and spoke with pastor of this church here in Bradenton, who is a really neat kind of guy and very thoughtful and compasionate. And I just signed up for his wife's new women's bible group starting up soon. So I'll probably see some people I had met before this virus started. I used to go to bible study then as well but not sunday services.

I also had to return ANOTHER cell phone, a Samsung Galaxy, I just bought 2 weeks ago that was definitely having some hardware issues. I am having the worst! luck with cell phones these days.I don't want it but I can't live without it either.
Tomorrow I will attempt to contact our local carrier for our computers and TV. It's called Spectrum and it seems to be a very HORRIBLE company to deal with. It's the only choice that we have here at this apt. complex. I can't wait to get back to NH next April when our lease is finally up. Yup, that's our plans. We'll just have to put up with the snow and ice and cold all over again. But we're true New Englanders. That way we'll have family around us and very close as well. I want something that is no more that 30 minutes or less from my daughter. His daughters can all go to HELL! That's another story for another time. They have been hating me for all 41 years Richard and I have been together. They still call me a homewrecker and they are sending me harrassing text messages. Are they for real?? Grow up you stupid idiots!!! And after what we have done for all of them and all six grandchildren of Richard's. Not one thank you and card ever!!!

Extremely disrespectful! And they put on a great acting show as well.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take...
But by the moments that take your breath away..... Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:06 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Happy you received better news Karen.
Hopefully things get better, day by day.
Baby steps is what I always hope for and more is a bonus!
Please stop focusing on his daughters, block them from your text as they are doing you no good.
You can always unblock them later to let them know because you are a good woman.

Hugs and I hope you get some good sleep tonight, Richard is looked after where he is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:25 pm 
Prolific Very Helpful

Karen, I just sent you a private message. I think I live not too far from you and my husband is a physician.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:42 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

ilene13 wrote:
Karen, I just sent you a private message. I think I live not too far from you and my husband is a physician.

Ilene,

What an incredibly kind gesture. :D

Continued prayers for a full recovery.

Danno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:02 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

Will be keeping you both in my prayers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:20 pm 
Extra Helpful Expert

More hugs and love Karen and Richard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next